Thread: This is a stupid question about pants

Default This is a stupid question about pants

I will be getting my first ADV motorcycle in a couple months (2005 BMW Dakar), and I have a really stupid question about MC pants.

Are they typically worn alone as your only leg covering, or are they more of an overall design and they go on top of jeans?
    1999 Suburban 2500 2WD "Sueburban"

N9NAY General license

Get rid of your clock, watch, phone, etc. The only time you should worry about is I'm hungry time, I'm sleepy time, I'm thirsty time, I'm horny time, and It's fishing time.

Both..

I run my TourMasters over my jeans. I run my KLIM with just some athletic shorts.. Some pants are called "Overpants" in the description I think.
    2011 FJ NSSE | 2007 KTM 990 Adventure | 2002 XR400 (Plated) | 2000 KLR650 (Semi Retired)
    Spotwalla tip logs

Thanks Cabrito. I will look for that designation/distinction in the product description.
    1999 Suburban 2500 2WD "Sueburban"

N9NAY General license

Get rid of your clock, watch, phone, etc. The only time you should worry about is I'm hungry time, I'm sleepy time, I'm thirsty time, I'm horny time, and It's fishing time.

never feel bad asking a "stupid" question, its always better than pretending to know the answer and being wrong!
    Joshua A.
    2015 Colorado
    Bobs Creek Photography
    www.bobscreekphotos.com
    “Tradition is the last bastion of fools.” - SE

First, there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Personally, I wear a light pair of workout pants underneath as I don't like the textile against my skin due to breathability issues and sweating. It would work with light thermals as well. That said, I know some folks who don't care and wear shorts under their riding pants. Just depends on the material and the rider.

Cheers!
    2003 F250 7.3
    Hutch/HarpoonLift pump with in tank foot delete, HPx, FRx, 6637, Bypass oil filter;
    Yaesu FT-7800/VX-6/FT-857 (KG7FEJ)
    2009 KLR650 (too many mods to list)
    Just looking fer the fun of being outside again!