Isuzu 'Dave' Unit Pin Out

BradK

Hi Steve

Did you manage to sort this out?

I have a 2010 model NPS and “Dave” is not in a good way. It’s an ex Rail Corp truck truck and when I got it the memory card slot had been filled with a sticky black paste and all of the buttons were stuck down with some other gunge. I freed up the buttons with silicon spray as best I can and cleaned out the card slot so now the radio works, but not well. The reversing camera doesn’t work. There is a plastic box riveted to the rear of the chassis with multiple video cables coming out of it. The existing camera is not connected to this so I’m guessing it’s stuffed and has been by bypassed.

I think the easiest fix would be to get rid of “Dave” and buy an after market head unit.

Can I buy a harness that will plug into the truck wiring and that I can use to wire into a new head unit?

How is the “Dave” head unit removed? It feels like the whole dash facia will simply unclip but I didn’t want to pull on it too hard in case there a fasteners I need to remove.

steve66

Observer
Hi Brad,

Still on the 2 do list I'm afraid.

Agreed, it would be better for you to just fit an aftermarket head unit than try and repair DAVE, but they are unique to Australia so may be worth a call to the suppliers, their is a sticker on the unit from memory.

I've had mine out once, remove the dash fascia (there is a screw on the end near the drivers door low down, then it just unclips), a few screws and out see comes, be careful with the various harnesses.

Good luck, cheers Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles