Isuzu 'Dave' Unit Pin Out

steve66

Observer
G'day All,

The Oz Isuzu's have a neat all in one audio/video unit called "DAVE".

It will accept up to 4 camera's, I'm wanting to install an after market camera or 2 if I can, the OEM one's with loom are about $500 each.

There are a bunch of plugs on the back but none are obviously for the cameras.

Has anyone managed/or bothered, to work out how to do it?

The unit is from an Oz supplier but they just refer you back to Isuzu, the best I could get out of the guy there is that it's the same supplier as for the Fuso unit.

Cheers Steve

steve66

Observer
Thanks Pete but that is just the same book that comes with it, shows you how to work it but nothing else. I can tell which plug is used but no idea on which pin for which, I know I'm probably clutching at straws.

Cheers Steve

steve66

Observer
Thanks for the offer Ross, did you have any luck?

The OEM harness is $100 so I could always get that and adapt other camera's to suit I guess.

Spanna 53

No unfortunately , as you know the workshop manual is on a cd not on paper so I had it on the hard drive at work not on the I Pad but Dave isn't on the CD

steve66

Observer
Thanks ross, dave is an aussie only addition I believe, the operation manual is also seperate to the truck owners manual, plenty of cars are also like this with their stereo's.

Is the workshop manual available to purchase from Isuzu?

Cheers steve

Spanna 53

Workshop CD

Steve the cd workshop manual is available through Izusu Parts at around $400 au. Hence that is why I brought it while I still have the workshop Ross

Cuddy

Observer
Gday steve, did u have any luck finding an aftermarket camera to fit the DAVE unit, I would like to do the same
Cheers Brent

steve66

Observer
Hi Brent, Sort of, the camera harness that interfaces with the Dave unit is approx $150 from Isuzu, from the picture on the parts computer it looks like standard RCA plugs on the other end so I'm planning on getting that bit then buying an ebay camera and suck it and see.

I won't be doing that until probably May so please report back if you sort something in the meantime.

Cuddy

Observer
Hi Brent, Sort of, the camera harness that interfaces with the Dave unit is approx $150 from Isuzu, from the picture on the parts computer it looks like standard RCA plugs on the other end so I'm planning on getting that bit then buying an ebay camera and suck it and see.

I won't be doing that until probably May so please report back if you sort something in the meantime.

So when you buy the genuine one from Isuzu you need to buy the camera and a harness, is that correct? I have one camera on the truck already I might try and find a cheap camera and see if it plugs in. There is a connection at the back near the camera that I have cable tied up as there is a mile of excess cable there.

I might try and put a photo up to see if you think it is a standard plug... if I can
Cheers

steve66

Observer
There are 3 parts to the Isuzu camera system, the harness, the camera and the cable that joins the 2 together- avail in 2 different length from memory. The harness is only short. Have a look behind the Dave unit and see if you have the extra camera plugs on the harness, they would probably be tucked behind the dash storage boxes. The dash is easy to pull off once you know how.

Cuddy

Observer
There are 3 parts to the Isuzu camera system, the harness, the camera and the cable that joins the 2 together- avail in 2 different length from memory. The harness is only short. Have a look behind the Dave unit and see if you have the extra camera plugs on the harness, they would probably be tucked behind the dash storage boxes. The dash is easy to pull off once you know how.
Ah ok no worries. Yep I have had the dash apart a few times now and I do have the extra plugs in there. Next time it’s apart or when I get a minute I’ll have a closer look at the plugs. Thanks for the info mate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier