Utah--Strawberry, Sundance/Timpanogos, and Stansbury areas June 2017

SAS

Observer
I spent five nights in the forest around Springville, Sundance, and Grantsville, Utah at the end of June. It was a great time of trail riding, fishing, and a little bit of site-seeing (Land Cruiser Heritage Museum), though I tried to avoid the valley and associated traffic as much as possible. I mapped and photographed a few trails for trailsoffroad.com trail guides, but be sure to check out Nick's existing guides for the Stansbury Mountains area (Cell Tower Trail, Hidden Mine, etc.). He has some new ones coming for this area, too, which should be published (after peer review) by mid-July.

On to the photos!

This one was in the Sundance area, behind Mount Timpanogos; I was in an excellent campsite, waiting for the sun to set and soften the light. A young couple with children pulled up, and asked if I was camping here. I replied that I was going to, but since I had not yet unpacked or set-up camp, I volunteered to give him the site that evening. My logic was that I had merely happened upon the site; I could easily find another, and what better way to make a "deposit" in the karma account than to be kind?
Timp Alpine Loop 2 w logo.jpg

Here I am the next morning, having found a suitable site in the Aspens.
Timp Alpine Loop 1 w logo.jpg

This is a trail photo from FS Road 132, where the trailhead enters from Left Fork Hobble Creek behind Springville. A nice 20-mile trail, with few obstacles (this rock slide was the most significant obstacle) and some fantastic views throughout.
Uinta 132 w logo.jpg

This photo shows the mountain views from the higher elevation of FS Road 132.
Uinta 132 2 w logo.jpg

Finally, on to Grantsville, south of the Great Salt Lake, where the Stansbury Mountains provide elevation to get some fine views.
Stansbury 1 w logo.jpg

Oskipoo

Not Mechanically Inclined
Next time you're in Salt Lake Area hit me up, always looking for new overlanders!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94