Found very heavy duty tent stakes at Home Depot

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
I use lag bolts and 2" fender washers...and my makita cordless impact. Much faster install .... But much faster removal. Length and size...depends on what I am using the stakes for...with a bad back and kids, I look for anything saves effort and time.

sent via the cone of silence

The Wizard

Observer
Also at Home Depot:
View attachment 408673
These are steel and cost about $2.00. I bring a 4 pound mini sledge hammer. They come is long lengths if needed. NEVER break and can be driven into anything softer than granite. I paint the top several inches white for visibility at night. Don't want to kick one of these in the dark when walking around camp. I have also had great success with rebar with the end cut off at an angle so it is sharp enough to drive into hard dirt.
Just another option.

Can't open your attachment. What are you talking about? Part number or description.

Offroadmuch

Explorer

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Bought some US Army surplus aluminum stakes at the local Army Navy store for $1.49 each. I have some of those big plastic stakes I bought at Harbor Freight which work ok in soft ground but break pretty easily.

Damn. I need to get in the milsurp tent stake business. There's an old man that sells junk at a local flea market that sells them 10 for five bucks.

Large branch a foot or more long cut sharp at one end and notch at the other cost free and if left behind will decompose.
I find any of the plastic ones will brake in short order and are a waste of $ if you just have to pay/spend your money go for the metal pegs over plastic....

It might even sprout a new tree to boot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles