Am I forgetting anything, or making a very bad choice? Dual batteries

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Before I get to much more involved with adding a second battery I wanted to run my parts collection past more knowledgeable folks before I actually buy said parts.

Going into a 2015 Chevy Colorado, battery is going into the bed.
Will power a fridge, 400 watt inverter, minor lighting and I believe a 3gpm water pump...

Buying for the install
Kirkland brand deep cycle
T-MAX 47-3800 Dual Battery System
Blue Sea Systems ST Blade ATO/ATC Fuse Block 12 circuit.

If cost was not a major issue I would be going with other items maybe, but.. I'm a starving artist lol

Thanks in advance, Josh

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Yup, the problem s there are to many lol! To be honest I'm simply overwhelmed, and thanks to head injury my comprehension isn't very good anymore when I read...makes it a challenge.

Figured just asking might be the sanest way to go.

john61ct

Adventurer
​The best battery value by far is Duracell (actually Deka/East Penn) GC-2 from BatteriesPlus or Sam's Club deep cycle golf cart batteries, 2x6V, 200+AH @ less than $180

Costco's not quite as good quality.

What fridge, how much current in amps kept where, how hot & cold, running all the time?

How long in hours will you expect to be away from shore power?

And in that time how many hours will you be driving?

For the combiner I recommend Blue Sea 7620, or 7622; 7610 not as good, but all much more reliable than that kit.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
If I were to recommend a part, it would have to be the one I use all the time, Blueseas 7622.
so simple and very effective. Just take your time and plan a place for the switch lol. I've moved mine two times and planning a different place soon......:rolleyes:

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Thank you!

Probably some "budget" fridge ($400-500 range), max size of 45qt. Nothing frozen and driven an hour or more daily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz