Wind shields

fg4oz

Adventurer
Anyone using wind shields/weather shields on their trucks?

Father in law has a good set up on 200 series cruiser. Allowing windows to be left slightly open for airflow without rain getting in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
Window Deflectors from Weathertech

I've used these, from Weathertech (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002MBQOU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1), on my GMC vans for over six years and would miss them dearly if I didn't have them. Some window edge shields use sticky tape to adhere to the exterior door surface around the window opening, and look kind of hokey in my opinion, but these from Weathertech slip into the actual window channel and look far more streamlined and custom. No adhesive needed. In fact, I took a pair from my previous van and easily transferred them to my new van. That was over four years ago.

I regularly leave both windows down about two inches, to where the top of the window is just about the same as the bottom of the window deflector. Even while driving in the worst of rainstorms, I get no water inside. Nice to be able to leave your windows down that much, too, to let air go through on hot, sunny days while you are away from your vehicle.

I love these things and like the way they look on my van. Here's a pic from the amazon page, on a dark vehicle:

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 09.39.05.jpg

You can see how they slip in tight behind the seal. These things have survived quite nicely through through the years; dozens of automatic car washes and rolling brushes and swirling flaps, high pressure sprays in self-car washes, extreme thunderstorms and high winds out on the plains, and several hundred thousand miles on two vehicles.

I wouldn't be without them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier