Needing some XTR shifter parts.....anyone help?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have a set of m910 shifters...."I think". I need the barrel adjusters for them...anyone know where I can buy them, or even red aluminum versions of said adjusters? same for the brakes as well.

balexander87

Observer
Are barrel adjusters shifter specific? Seems like that'd be a part they keep somewhat common. Not sure how you innovate and improve a barrel adjuster :-/

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Are barrel adjusters shifter specific? Seems like that'd be a part they keep somewhat common. Not sure how you innovate and improve a barrel adjuster :-/
Other than how they look and maybe the length of the threaded part they should be pretty much universal. If cosmetics are important then you'd have to find actual M910s maybe or at least vintage ones. Otherwise any bike shop will able to dig through their bins for something that'll work.

kojackJKU

Well, I found the barrel adjuster in my bicycle tool box. It is broken, but hopfully serviceable. I am doing the cables today. Need to get my bike ridable again....Missing it bad!

kojackJKU

Super glue worked. YEY!....my ole specialized is all back in working order....except for the fact that I mistakenly bought a 9sp cassette for an 8 sp. Hub. On the low gear, my chain hits the frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles