Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seat covers (cloth/synthetic) OVER leather seats?

Not sure about over leather but I got the coverking neosupreame covers on my GMC Canyon. So far so good but itís only been 2400 miles or so.

Iíll try to remember to snap some pics. Front seats fit great back seat not so much with the fold out center armrest seeming to cause most of the fit issue.

Nice pull on The Jerk. I don't think I could have recalled where I stole that 'excited' styling from. I use it all the time for the most mundane stuff. Obviously I retained it from that historical document.

Rushed them in late this afternoon. Had a little trouble with fitment on the passenger back, but that was the first piece I put on. Will probably re-visit it later. The driver side however - and the rest of the parts - fit perfectly.
    I also did it with the seats in the vehicle, which added to the difficulty. Only 'instruction' vids I could find were very generic. THere's both a cord and long 1" velcro straps seemingly meant to cross under from side to side on the seat bottoms that I couldn't promptly figure out, so they're just tucked in. I did manage the fore-aft strapping though.
    I also committed some atrocities in a rough patch of my decomposed driver seat. Patched the crumbled bolster with a cut-down chunk of tiling sponge and restored the shape of the bolster somewhat with the holy duct tape.

The color, well, it is what it is. 'Light Gray' was best I could see / pick from their offerings. Fitment was mor eimportant to me than color matching. And as you can see in the pics, there's already six shades of gray in the damned thing anyway. Seven if you count my moonroof shade re-upholstery job. Just didn't want to go with black.
    I'm also interest to see how bad a problem I have with static going forward, in SoCal. /"it's a dry heat"

The back seats are the same color as each other, the variations in lighting in this pic make them look much different. Same for the following pic of the fronts, as the seat backs and bottoms are the same color but don't look it in the pic.

My '02 Sub Build / Collection Topic
    Vortec and GMT800 Mechanical Stuff
    Silnylon vehicle awning design - Mk1 DONE
    Some of my Woodworking

Thanks for updating...are they tight enough on the bottom seat to prevent further damage to factory seat foam and fabric? hard to tell but from the pics it looks like the fit is quite loose, thus allowing the cover to shift around and subsequently the bottom seat cushion to continue to stretch and crack beneath

thanks!

I had nylon waterproof covers over leather seats and didnt really like the feel.

I don't feel covers are needed with leather seats. They don't stain as easily and handle water just fine.

I used the same covers with cloth seats and wouldn't dare take them off to risk damaging the OEM cloth.

MIne are fitting tight even with out the side-to-side under straps attached. I definitely feel like the side bolster of the seat bottom is more 'there'. But I also did a crude rebuild of it before putting on the covers. Soon I'll get around to figuring the cross strap setup, might have to uninstall the seats to have proper access. But once those straps are also in, the degrading seat foam and leather upholstery will have nowhere to go.
    My '02 Sub Build / Collection Topic
    Vortec and GMT800 Mechanical Stuff
    Silnylon vehicle awning design - Mk1 DONE
    Some of my Woodworking

Earth, in the house next to the one with the yellow siding
    Iíve had Coverking neosupreme neoprene seat covers front and rear over my leather seats for four years. They fit great, clean up well and stand up to my dog very well. The covers come off easily and are easy to clean. The leather seats underneath still look like new.
    ďThere's an old adage," he said, "translated from the ancient Coptic, that contains all the wisdom of the ages" -- "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.Ē

Beryl Markham, West with the Night

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123