Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Destined For Lateness

Default Destined For Lateness

The time has finally come!

Today me and the lady put in our notices at work and have started the countdown for our grand departure from Portland, OR.

The general plan is to spend the next 9-12 months wandering around National Parks, Mexico, and anywhere else that seems interesting. We will be leaving at the end of the month, taking everything to put into storage at a friends and then living out of the truck full time.

Super excited for what is to come!

Instagram and here will be my primary ways of dumping photos and travel stories so stay tuned!

Sounds like it's going to be a great adventure. Following you journey for sure and I wish you and your lady well on your travels.

Grub

Noah, nice Insta. Quite grammy. Diggin it. I fired off a super nosey question for you over there.

It looks like you've been traveling for quite some time. Were you and the lady working full time gigs and just doing weekend travel prior to quitting?

@Grub 1632 Thanks! We sure are excited to hit the road full time!

@PHeller, appreciate the compliment! We have been professional weekenders for a while, basically getting out every chance we can while working 50+ hour week jobs that were quite demanding. We have put about 20k miles on the rig in the last 18 months and slept under the stars at least 100 nights. The pacific northwest makes it really hard to be a couch potato!

Excited to see where y'all end up. One day I'll have to stop living vicariously. lol
    Nathan

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Build" Thread
    2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4

If you come thru Salem hit me up! I'd love to see the rig.
    -Jeremiah
    1998 Toyota T100 4x4 XtraCab - 3.4l V6 - 5spd
    305/70r16 KO2 on FJZ80 alloys, Spidertrax, 4.70 gears, fr Supra LSD, Total Chaos Idler Arm, 63" Chevy springs, Bilstein 7100/5125, Sway A Way torsions, NWTi Bumper with Warn x8000i, 1" 4crawler BL, Aisin hubs, WRX buckets

Innovation topper, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT on custom tube rack

Excellent news!! The truck looks great and well set up for comfy living on the road. I wish you guys the best!

I retired in 2004 and full timed for 8.5 years. Alaska, Baja and spring to fall out west. Winters usually in Florida. Really enjoyed the life but finally quit when I got tired of poor repair service while traveling. Stopped and settled in Western Colorado where I now have a shop where I can do most of my own work.

My advice go slow, relax and enjoy the scenery. I traveled solo except for my dog. Traveling with a companion you should do things solo once in a while. Really hope your trip is fun and lasts. Best of luck.
    Alan "Ace" Brown
    2015 4Runner Trail Expedition Ready
    2011 Double R off-road trailer
    2014 Borealis Echo Fat Bike
    Ready to hit the dirt about anytime!
    KJ4UML 146.460 CB Channel 34
    TLCA BRC

Can I buy you a beer before you go? I'm local.

One month in!

Everything has been going great with the rig and we have most of our highway miles behind us!

Got a blog post up today: http://tinyurl.com/yc3p3w6u

Pics for attention:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast