Destined For Lateness

NoahGenda

Adventurer
The time has finally come!

Today me and the lady put in our notices at work and have started the countdown for our grand departure from Portland, OR.

The general plan is to spend the next 9-12 months wandering around National Parks, Mexico, and anywhere else that seems interesting. We will be leaving at the end of the month, taking everything to put into storage at a friends and then living out of the truck full time.

Super excited for what is to come!

Instagram and here will be my primary ways of dumping photos and travel stories so stay tuned!

35843176385_77206ed8b2_c.jpg

Sounds like it's going to be a great adventure. Following you journey for sure and I wish you and your lady well on your travels.

Grub

PHeller

Adventurer
Noah, nice Insta. Quite grammy. Diggin it. I fired off a super nosey question for you over there.

It looks like you've been traveling for quite some time. Were you and the lady working full time gigs and just doing weekend travel prior to quitting?

NoahGenda

Adventurer
@Grub 1632 Thanks! We sure are excited to hit the road full time!

@PHeller, appreciate the compliment! We have been professional weekenders for a while, basically getting out every chance we can while working 50+ hour week jobs that were quite demanding. We have put about 20k miles on the rig in the last 18 months and slept under the stars at least 100 nights. The pacific northwest makes it really hard to be a couch potato!

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Excited to see where y'all end up. One day I'll have to stop living vicariously. lol

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I retired in 2004 and full timed for 8.5 years. Alaska, Baja and spring to fall out west. Winters usually in Florida. Really enjoyed the life but finally quit when I got tired of poor repair service while traveling. Stopped and settled in Western Colorado where I now have a shop where I can do most of my own work.

My advice go slow, relax and enjoy the scenery. I traveled solo except for my dog. Traveling with a companion you should do things solo once in a while. Really hope your trip is fun and lasts. Best of luck.

Chuxideas

I saw you on the road today. I 75 north TN. I was admiring your bumper! Total coincidence I was just scrolling through postings and instantly recognize your truck from this afternoon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NoahGenda

Adventurer
I saw you on the road today. I 75 north TN. I was admiring your bumper! Total coincidence I was just scrolling through postings and instantly recognize your truck from this afternoon!

Awesome! Me and a buddy came up with the bumper and fabbed it, I have zero complaints about it thus far. We had a great time seeing friends in TN, although it would have been nicer if it wasnt so dang foggy/rainy! We will be back in late october!

NoahGenda

Adventurer
So, we are leaving Maryland next tuesday and will have about 3 weeks to explore NH/VT/ME

Anyone have any suggestions or must-see areas in that area? Primitive campsites with a view are a bonus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles