Vario underslung spare wheel carrier

docka

Adventurer
Anyone able to take a picture of the relevant bits of the spare wheel carrier under the back? Some parts of mine are missing but I have the two long bars and the crank handle, just trying to ascertain what I need.
Thanks

grapework

Hi docka,
Been lurking here a while, but seems a good time to say hello as can add some photos of wheel carrier. Have been meaning to check my spare, snapped 1 bolt and had to grind the other in order to remove the brand new spare Michelin tyre today, and I can now see a 2008 date code, so too old to use!!!
Got our 09 Vario at end of May. alot to learn for me as only worked on 3.5T in past. A pic attached, (95%) of van was covered in vinyl wrap from new, took me 2 days to remove but pristine paint underneath, except side and rear doors which need a bit of work. Will get body good then start on conversion!!!

Richard

DSC_4622.jpg

35081570724_9d0e995f02_o.jpg

docka

Adventurer
Hi Richard
Welcome, and ta for the pics, that's a great help. Also got an image from the Merc dealer with part numbers which I'll post up later. I seem to be missing a couple of items!
Btw that's a great looking van! What's the plan for conversion?

Bruce Lee

Bits

Hi Richard

I have just taken mine off as I am going to fit an extra fuel tank there, all bits available from Bristol.

Cheers

Bruce

thebigblue

Adventurer
I know, it´s quite lame, - but, I can´t refuse this: it´s really nice of you to go into all the effort and turning the vehicle up-side-down to take the photo ;)

grapework

I know, it´s quite lame, - but, I can´t refuse this: it´s really nice of you to go into all the effort and turning the vehicle up-side-down to take the photo ;)

Wish I hadn't done it now, diesel and oil all over my driveway !

Been away for a while, but today took a cutting disc to the bulkhead! - very spacious now

bulkhead removed.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles