1976 Ford F-250 Bug Out Camper/Utility Bed Rig

76 Highboy

IMG_0066.jpgTrail Haven Badge.jpgChain O Lakes.jpg

This is my 1976 Ford F-250 4x4 (Highboy)
390ci FE series gasser with edelbrock aluminum intake, 4barrel, headers, alum high cap radiator, hi vol water pump, electronic ignition with backup points and condenser style.
C6 automatic 3 speed no overdrive trans
rebuilt NP203 Full time 4x4 transfer case
Custom coil spring/ radius arm (pillow top ride like the new trucks) high pinion front axle with dana trac-lok limited slip.
True crossover steering, redhead steering box, borgeson steering shaft.
sterling 10.25 rear axle with new style 1 ton leaf springs and perches/hangers, powertrax lock-right automatic locking differential.
6" suspension lift maintaining correct steering and drive train geometry.
35" Cooper MTP's Load Range E's.
knapheide 8' service bed with rigid steel frame mounts and outfitted with hi-lift Jack, Jerry Can, Military Shovel, Bench Vise.

Camper is a late 60's or early 70's Trail Haven 8'6" slide in truck camper. Made in Albion, IN
20 gal fresh water tank
refrigerator
3 burner stove top
microwave
20" flatscreen with dvd player
Memory Foam Queen Mattress
Memory Foam Full Mattress
Propane Lighting
Full 12v and 110v Lighting and Outlets

The truck was purchased by my father when he was in Highschool in 1982. He sold it to me in 2015 and it's been my work in progress ever since.
The Camper was made by My grandfather and his brothers who founded Trail Haven Enterprises in Albion, IN during the camper crave of the 60's and 70's. I just recently found it in a backyard in Fort Wayne, purchased it, and am restoring it.

The Rig is a work in progress, I took it camping 3 times so far this season in 2017, Haspen Acres Offroad Park, Chain O Lakes and Pokagon state parks in Indiana.

Clutch

<---Pass
Ooooh nice, I dig it!

My dad and my uncle both bought '76 Highboys brand new. Learned to drive in it, so they hold a lot of nostalgia for me.

"The truck was purchased by my father when he was in Highschool in 1982. He sold it to me in 2015 and it's been my work in progress ever since.
The Camper was made by My grandfather and his brothers who founded Trail Haven Enterprises in Albion, IN during the camper crave of the 60's and 70's. I just recently found it in a backyard in Fort Wayne, purchased it, and am restoring it."

That is totally cool that you were able to secure a camper that was built almost 60 years ago by your grandfather. Not many on here can say something like that! They would flip to see it now with a flatscreen and the memory foam, etc. and I am sure you have a lot more 'modernizations' to do with it.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I know a guy that has a complete Highboy body, cab, bed, front clip, ALL of it. Factory N.O.S. Never been installed. Still has the Ford stock numbers grease penciled on the parts. Probably sit on that stuff till he's in the grave.

Jims3334

Truck is nice but I'm more interested in the camper. I just had a friend give me a 16 ft. Truck Camper. It's a Trail Haven by Leatherman. I can find very little about these campers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles