pretty cheap, used Ruggedized Tapui, Bay area

vxc961

I bought this, and I'm really happy with it--the tough part was that the mounting and awning hardware were shown in the photos, and it was a business that sold it, so I dealt with five people overall. It was on it's on it's side on a pallet, and they said it was too hard to open that way, but it was all there as per the pics. When I came back a few hours later with cash, it was "I think we have all the hardware, and if not we can scrounge it up". When I arrived, another set of folks helped me load it up (it is HEAVY!!), and then when I asked if the hardware was folded inside, I got a lot of blank looks. They said no, put they could get me the awning poles. I saw the second person walk around, collect awning poles in a bag, and then as I was waiting with the engine running, she came up and said they were for another tent so she couldn't give them to me.

A little disappointing, but I think that's just the cost of doing business on CL; I took it camping that weekend, tied it down with ratchet straps and the kids loved it, although I couldn't sleep the first night thinking of us all dying as a 250# fell from the top of my Suburban. I'm anxious to fix a few damaged zippers, tears, and get it securely mounted--it's like an instant treehouse for the kids!

Tepui had been out of the mounting brackets, and when I saw them, I pounced! What showed up was the ladder brackets though! I took a pic, emailed Tepui, and *that* day, they sent me out the brackets (which were already sold out on their website!). I'm a believer in the Tepui customer service!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior