Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRX1, Moby XTR or Inka Venture

Default BRX1, Moby XTR or Inka Venture

I am not handy, or the least bit inclined towards building my own trailer. I admire those that have that skill set. I clearly do not. So, I am thinking of throwing money at the situation instead.

The options I'm considering are the Blue Ridge BRX1, Moby XTR and Inka Outdoors Venture OHV. All are similar in that they are off-road teardrops that tend towards the "luxury" side. All are available with options for roughly $25k-$30k. All are difficult to research as there are only a handful of reviews and essentially no used for sale market.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

not interested in Off Grid?? our cabin shell contain no wood and fully insulated14712507_10157976497440221_3950972098282468616_o.jpg
    Last edited by flipmachine; 07-12-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Was in a similar situation. Have fun choosing there are quite a few more options than a few years ago. No input on these options but my top two contenders where the borderlands (bought that one) or vmi canyon. Vmi is probably pushing top end of that range borderlands a bit below depending on options.

Quote Originally Posted by msujay2012 View Post
    I am not handy, or the least bit inclined towards building my own trailer. I admire those that have that skill set. I clearly do not. So, I am thinking of throwing money at the situation instead.

The options I'm considering are the Blue Ridge BRX1, Moby XTR and Inka Outdoors Venture OHV. All are similar in that they are off-road teardrops that tend towards the "luxury" side. All are available with options for roughly $25k-$30k. All are difficult to research as there are only a handful of reviews and essentially no used for sale market.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
    I, like you didn't have the time or skills to completely build my own trailer. I did a boatload of research before deciding on my Oregan Trail'r Terradrop. I was looking on the luxury side of the off road teardrops also. The Terradrop doesn't have all the options available on, say a Moby 1 XTR but had the ones I wanted. There's a thread on here if you're curious about my trailer.

I considered all 2 of the trailers you have listed here and I can say I don't think you can go wrong with either the Moby or the Inka OHV. I'm unfamiliar with the Blue Ridge trailer.

There may be a another trailer you may want to look at. I saw this trailer at Overland Expo West 2017 and went over it with a fine tooth comb and found nothing I didn't like about it. It's also a high end off road teardrop style trailer. Its the Overland Explorer TDK. I found it to be extremely solid, well thought out and rugged. It's also a bit cold being all composite and aluminum with no wood. Here's a link to a youtube video someone did at the expo on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKzbpIw_Vt8 . I think it's definitely worth a look.

At the price point you are looking at (similar to mine) you can get a really nice trailer. You are also spending quite a chunk a change so do your research. I pestered Moby1 and Oregon Trail'r with dozens of questions before making my decision. Both were very responsive to my inquiries.

-Curtiss

Quote Originally Posted by flipmachine View Post
    not interested in Off Grid?? our cabin shell contain no wood and fully insulated14712507_10157976497440221_3950972098282468616_o.jpg
    Can you send me information or provide a website?

You should check out SoCal Teardrops as well.

I have one and there's a big thread on here with a group that have them with tons of info and any questions you may have.

I’ll give my input: My wife and I chose the Inka Venture, and we are approaching the 1 year mark (delivered Sept 2016). After looking at all the options, going to Overland Expo the past 2 years, and owning our Inka for nearly a year, I’m still happy with our decision. The quality is top notch, the overall execution and integration is superb, and the value is there to boot!

Some of the design elements I really like in the Inka:
    - Air bag suspension can easily be adjusted for road conditions and weight being carried. But most importantly can be used to level the trailer at camp.
    - Integrated AC/Heat option fully concealed in a “central air” kind of way.
    - One piece shell covered in a bi-axial carbon weave. No chance for leaks at the seams.
    - Stainless steel galley with room to prepare food, without the sink and/or stove on a “drawer”

There are lots of good options out there, so do your research to find what works best for you.

IMG_2894.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast