Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

RichardPT

Richard
Now I understand why my kid was catching small rocks on his lap while sitting in the back seat of the Jeep (with roof removed) :Wow1:
Maybe I should make my boys wear helmets next time we hit the road this way - it's easier to fix the trailer than the kid :oops:

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Well it's sitting on the dock ready to ship! They just emailed me at 6:30 saying that they need a commercial address with a dock. Oh wait if they had asked earlier i could have told them that the address i already gave is commercial with a dock and it could have shipped today instead of waiting until next week.

Sorry I just had to vent a little.

It's one step closer and I'm exited! I'm ready to get it built and start enjoying it!

Wynn

Wanderer
Consider ordering the Scout from Northridge4x4 but have no experience with them. How are are they as a seller?

Tkhawk

Adventurer
I've gotten several things from Northridge and have never had a problem with them. The trailer took a week longer than I was originally told but that's not on them.

Here it is, I can't wait to for 5:00 to get here so I can get off of the clock and go put it together!
20170918_112411-2016x1512_1.jpg

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Got it done enough to drag home!
20170918_223139-1612x1209_0.jpg
Still have to do the brake away system and parking brake. Every thing went pretty smoothly, the only issues are there are some scraped up areas on the bottom from shipping and the set screw holding the 7 way plug internals backed out and I couldn't hinds a tiny Allen to fit it so I just pulled it out for the ride home. Here's some of the damage to the bottom.
20170918_173931-1612x1209_0.jpg
I'll make Northridge aware of it, but I'll just fix it myself it just needs a little touch up paint. It was on the very bottom so I couldn't see it when I inspected it when the shipper dropped it off.
Now I've just got to finish the brakes, put my old 35's on it, install the tent and awning and I'll be ready to hit the road!

Wynn

Wanderer
Was going to wait for the 20% but after talking to Northridge they allowed me to use the 15% on the trailer without the wheels. Pulled the trigger. Now I just got to wait... patiently... wait.... SO EXCITED!

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Awesome, congrats that's a great deal! I'm gong tomorrow to get my 35s switched out for the tires that came with it and then I'm going to attempt to align it myself. Right now the camber is about 10 deg off.

Silverback07

Adventurer
For those of you who own one. I had mine and the alignment seemed "perfect". Took it on a test ride (hit several large bumps/rocks) and the driver side was WAY off.. camber was very positive.. like an inch more than the passenger side at the top of the tire. Seems the cams bolt from the factory are not that tight. I should have checked that prior to shakedown run. but it was an easy enough fix. Might be difficult on the trial with no level surface.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
No MSO. Smittybilt says to register it as a home built trailer. Here in Texas if a trailer is under 4,000 lbs, it doesn't have to have a title. I was planning on getting a title for mine, but I ended up just getting my registration without a title. I went to the registration office and gave them the info I had from Smittybilt. The girl working the desk went and talked to her manager for a few minutes and then came back and wrote it up as a 2017 home built. Not sure if you're in Texas or not but the process here for a title is you have to get a vin before you can apply for a title. To get a vin you have to have the trailer inspected by a Auto Theft Task Force. The task force I was told to go to is 30 miles away and only does inspections on Monday mornings, being an optional step and not wanting to have to miss work, I decided to skip it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior