Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Tkhawk

Adventurer
My 4 year old couldn't wait to sleep in the tent so we set it up in the side yard and camped out Friday night. My wife tells a different story, she says that I am the one that couldn't wait.
20170922_175039-2016x1512.jpg

Wynn

Wanderer
My 4 year old couldn't wait to sleep in the tent so we set it up in the side yard and camped out Friday night. My wife tells a different story, she says that I am the one that couldn't wait.
View attachment 419284

Told the wife I got the trailer for "family time". Wonder if she'll question me further if the shakedown trips are with just the guys...

Silverback07

Adventurer
No MSO. Smittybilt says to register it as a home built trailer. Here in Texas if a trailer is under 4,000 lbs, it doesn't have to have a title. I was planning on getting a title for mine, but I ended up just getting my registration without a title. I went to the registration office and gave them the info I had from Smittybilt. The girl working the desk went and talked to her manager for a few minutes and then came back and wrote it up as a 2017 home built. Not sure if you're in Texas or not but the process here for a title is you have to get a vin before you can apply for a title. To get a vin you have to have the trailer inspected by a Auto Theft Task Force. The task force I was told to go to is 30 miles away and only does inspections on Monday mornings, being an optional step and not wanting to have to miss work, I decided to skip it.

The VIN they gave me is the same serial number that is on the tongue plate.

Phaetonman7

I’m in Colorado and if it had an mso you give that to them and they give you a title. Without that I need to have it inspected by the state patrol and get some paperwork notarized. All trailers are required to be registered here. I called smitty today and the guy said that they will/are not going to have mso’s With the trailer. Makes it a bit of a pain.

teotwaki

Excelsior!

Ahhh. You have joined the Cult. :26_7_2:

AFmurse2015

New Member here, first post actually!

Looking into the trailer as well, read through this thread and then decided to join the forms. Thinking I could repurpose the slides and build my own slide out kitchen set up... Curious to see y'alls builds as you get the trailers.

gilpinrobert

IMG_20170901_1130151_rewind.jpgNew member here. Recently purchased a Smittybilt Scout Trailer. When I purchased I added the Smittybilt RTT and Awning. Absolutely love this trailer. Like anything, there are things are would have done differently if I were to design a trailer like this. The kitchen/pantry area could have been better thought out, but I just use it to store dry foods, cookware, and plates and mugs and whatever else I can fit in there. To get around this I just pack folding tables that I set up under the awning for my cook and prep area. I have already had the trailer out once for a trip to Yosemite Creek and am planning another camping trip in November with some off-roading. The old lady was a bit upset when I brought the trailer home, but after our first camping trip, she totally loves it and can't wait to go camping again. I have already added a Rotopax 3 gallon fuel can and LED reverse lights. Still planning to add a 10 to 15 gallon water tank, an ARB or Smittybilt freezer/fridge, and a Goal Zero power supply.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Been out of loop for couple weeks. Wife and I been on vacation. Just got back and got the cool call trailer ready for pick up!!!!!! I picked up today now it on trailer out in front of my shop, now I'm scratching my head on how to get it off. But now the fun starts. Having tires being mounted on matching jeep wheels. Ohhhhhh BOY!!! One step at a time

Midnightsun

Adventurer
The way I plan my set up is. Put the kitchen on one of the 2 back big sliders ..have it pull out set up with counter space,stove ,sink and what ever else I can think of. Then have fridge in slider next to it. If I have room above kitchen and fridge I'm gonna put shelf all the way across top for chairs and other accessories. Then put small genset in side box that will charge batteries up in tounge box. I don't need spare so my gas and water cans will go there and as far as other side box? Suff I guess. I'll have one fake fuel Jerry can and inside I'll put my water heater. But the one thing I want is my trailer to be independent of my jeep. I don't want any power going from jeep to trailer I understand lights while driving but nothing more. But I'm sure somethings will change I need to get put together and look at it for real instead of my head and pics lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne