Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Then there was the matter of left over parts.....

Looks great, this'll be my next project. This weekend is making an extension on the front of the rack to support my tent that was starting to sag. I also added some angle on the bottom of the rack to store a table. What are you going to do with the other swing, wanna send it to Texas?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Looks great, this'll be my next project. This weekend is making an extension on the front of the rack to support my tent that was starting to sag. I also added some angle on the bottom of the rack to store a table. What are you going to do with the other swing, wanna send it to Texas?

Thanks TK. The smaller swing is not a good candidate for the mod, as it angles downward soon after leaving the pivot. I have no use for it, but shipping would be pricy, I think. That thing is heavy... :)
You swing by the Grand Valley, you can have it... :) :)

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Thanks! I wanna make a trip up to Colorado, but it'll probably be a while before I get a chance to.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Stove is in. To me, heat is important, as we many times cinches meat. If you do stir fry, specially, heat is important as you need to vaporize the moisture of the veggies, so you broil then. Not boil them. That being said the space is very small, and I also did not like the direction that you cook. That said, I found this very compact two burner high btu unit. After a small cut here, and a few holes there, it bolted right in, and the knobs are on the right side. When done cooking, you can just get a wet rag and wipe the box down on the inside. This way I have no need for a box in a box. I love it. :)
20171113_154832.jpg
20171113_143658.jpg
20171113_143651.jpg
20171113_122450.jpg

http://www.cabelas.com/product/camping/camp-cooking-dining/fryers-cookers-accessories/pc/104795280/c/581015880/sc/104276880/mr-heater-blind-stoves/1705868.uts?slotId=5

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Very nice! Does it also simmer well?

Indeed. The hose and regulator ( which you buy separately) had a 1/2 psi regulator on it, which is just enough to roast a marsh mellow.....One that is. So I yanked a 10 psi off the shelf, and that is properly a bit high. The mix is fine, but I think that a 3-5 psi would be fine. I just don't crank it all the way up, as the thrust would bed the legs underneath... LOL.

Baja71

Very intrigued by this trailer.

1. Is anyone storing this trailer out in the elements, or is everyone garaging it? Looking for data on how well this trailer holds up long term stored outside.

2. Are the compartments water tight?

3. I home office, so suffice say there is no loading dock option. What is everyone doing regarding this and how are you maneuvering it home from there?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Very intrigued by this trailer.

1. Is anyone storing this trailer out in the elements, or is everyone garaging it? Looking for data on how well this trailer holds up long term stored outside.

2. Are the compartments water tight?

3. I home office, so suffice say there is no loading dock option. What is everyone doing regarding this and how are you maneuvering it home from there?

1.Stored inside the garage.

2. Propperly not, but good enough to drive through a rain storm, but will properly sink if you used it as a boat. You can seal a few openings and be even better.

3. Forklift is a must. That main crate weighs in just under 2000 pounds. I got help from another company. You can perhaps rent a forklift....??? Ask final freight to bring one???

Wynn

Wanderer
I didn't know this when it was delivered but it comes with casters. I'd imagine it's possible to get a trailer with a ramp and buddy... or buddies

Silverback07

Adventurer
I had mine hauled to the house on a rollback.. it was loaded onto the rollback with a forklift. Rollback backed up to the garage door opening and then tilted back, it then slide off onto some car dollies and I rolled it around the garage easy peasy.

Baja71

I don't expect it to float, but keeping the interior dry during a Texas thunderstorm would be ideal. This delivery thing may be a deal killer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles