Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Probably so. I hope it is shorter. Anyone have any recommendations for brake controller? I been reading little about p3 controller. It's operates on inertia. I pull my jeep behind our motor home and I'd like to pull that little trailer and jeep both at same time. Thinking if I wire that p3 controller to 12v constant should work brakes on trailer when jeep slows down with Moho ? Been trying to piece this together for awhile.

That sounds like it would work. I bought a P3 and had it in my last truck, it was great but a lot more controller than was needed. It had features that I never touched; electric over hydraulic brakes, stored programs for different size trailers and loads, more axles, and probably others. This time around I'm going to try the Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ. It has the same technology as the P3 just fewer features. It showed up yesterday and my install kit should be here tomorrow.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
I need to get busy on my brake controller. First thing I went after was matching wheels to my jeep and that was an unsuspecting pain. But I found them

Tkhawk

Adventurer
They list for $6000 for the full kit with wheels and tires. The best I found was 15% off and free shipping, which made it $5100. They only have independent suspension.

JCDriller

Adventurer
SHARKTANK works at Northridge4x4, removes $900 from the total! 5,099 for the one with tires and wheels. I'll have to call and see if I can order the no wheels/tires model for the same discount. I've done LOTS of business with NR4x4 over the years, I bet they will.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
I called north ridge and tried that but they told me to get the discount it has to show on there website and to get the special order trailer with out wheels was not showing on there website. So I locked in 15% discount and figure I'll sell wheels and tires but by all means give them a call and see what you can do

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Thanks rwb_runner! Let us know what you do for water, I'm planning on adding a tank as well.

Midnightsun, I'll take you up on that one day. I'm thinking our first big trip with the trailer will be a trip to big bend next summer.

JandDGreens

Adventurer
Nice video, if I had not already started my trailer build I think this trailer would be perfect addition to my XJ for over land travel and just basic camping. I do like the way they built this trailer. The suspension looks well thought out and don't think it would get hung up following alone rougher trails. Hope you get a lot of use out of it.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Video is good. Tkhawk good place for test run. I was thinking that to. But I must tell ya I received an email from northridge that Smittybilt is shipping trailer eather to biz with dock or R&L carriers hub. Very unexpected I'm happy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior