Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

JandDGreens

Adventurer
Woohoo! Northridge shows shipped! Still no email or tracking info, but it's on the way!

Just ordered an arq to go with it. And hopefully I'll be picking up a tent this weekend.
Pretty cool! maybe be able to get some camping in with your new trailer! Before Christmas

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Woohoo! Northridge shows shipped! Still no email or tracking info, but it's on the way!

Just ordered an arq to go with it. And hopefully I'll be picking up a tent this weekend.

That's cool I checked my northridge account it says still processing. Not sure what email was about? Collecting future info? But glad your shipped I think that would mean the boat is here!! Lol

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Hi guys,
This is just a short introduction as I've been reading this post for a while now but did not have a chance to contribute to it so far. I ordered the "no wheels" package at the beginning of the summer but between 6 week wait and my holidays I only got to building it couple weeks ago. Few hiccups along the way (some missing parts, difficulties finding spacers to fit jeep wheels, incorrect trailer wiring - all solved with support of local 4wheel parts and Smittybilt) I finally got it on the road last weekend. Pretty happy with it so far, it sure does get a lot of looks and comments along the way. I have it set up with Smittybilt Overlander XL tent and few random accessories that I'm yet to use (annex, 270 degree awning) and some plans for modifications such as adding fuel and water tanks, batteries etc. I'm told by the supplier that I have the first Canadian delivered trailer and likely one from the first batch shipped from China - thus few issues along the way.
Cheers,
Richard

Your set up looks good. I have 2 door jeep also and haven't seen trailer behind 2 door until yours

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Oh boy!! Northridge shows mine shipped. No follow up on my email or anything. I'll see how this plays out. Hopefully first overland trip should be this spring. Alpine loop in Colorado Mabey pull jeep and trailer down to lajitas then take jeep and trailer on into big bend this winter

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Well, I just emailed Northridge to see if they could give my any tracking info so I could let the shipping department at work know when to expect a funny looking crate. Here's the response I got: "Let me look into it, they haven't contacted me yet about any shipping information, I did get one yesterday for a different order and they said they are slowly rolling out"
So now I'm not sure that Northridge showing shipped actually means that its shipped.

Silverback07

Adventurer
Oh boy!! Northridge shows mine shipped. No follow up on my email or anything. I'll see how this plays out. Hopefully first overland trip should be this spring. Alpine loop in Colorado Mabey pull jeep and trailer down to lajitas then take jeep and trailer on into big bend this winter

I want to do a BBRSP trip with mine. Its been a few years since I have been there. Would be perfect with the trailer. Might need to look into another trip at the beginning of next year.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Is BBRSP? Big bend ? Lol. Sorry I can't place rs part. . Lol. But I highly recommend it. Living over here in tropical Midland Tex we head down couple times a yr and we have a blast off roading in big bend while staying in motor home in lajitas but the big bend country is perfect for testing your equipment and enjoying a cool part of our country

Silverback07

Adventurer
Big Bend Ranch State Park. Its more "rugged" than Big Bend National Park. Some awesome camp sites out there. Last time I went our camp site was 2+ hours from pavement. LOL. If you go, bring more fuel than you think you will need. I only brought an extra 5 gallons and it was not enough.. now I will have 25. I was going back into town daily to refuel after exploring out there.... granted my pig gets terrible MPG's.

Silverback07

Adventurer
Kinda funny story about BBRSP. In the middle is a ranger station.. and they have showers. I went out there with 2 of my good friends and we decided to head back to the RS for a shower (rather 3.. not that good of friends :) ). Anyhow, me and another guy go in (there are 2 showers) and we turn on water and start to get ready. Now this is at the end of January.. it was 25 degrees the night before... day time was maybe 55. Anyhow, water never gets hot... not even warm!. Screw it.. I went in and took the coldest shower of my life, friend does the same. Come out and I think I am an eunuch. "Boys.. where did you go?". Anyhow, get all dressed and walk out. Third friend asks before he goes in "How was it". Without being scripted we both reply "it is refreshing". LOL. Went inside the ranger station afterwards and asked them if its always that cold they said "Oh no, just not much traffic this time of year so we turn off the gas for the hot water.. next time let us know and we'll turn it on". SO.. if you go in the winter.. ask them to turn on the hot water before your shower. :)

Midnightsun

Adventurer
BBRSP. Yep now I know what you're talking about. Funny story no dought. I'm anxious to get my trailer pieced together. I know my rtt and fridge set up. I am gonna carry a genset. Scratching my head on battery set up?? 1 bat 2 bat? Not sure but I will recharge off of genset no solar. Water heater water tank. Not sure? Mabey 2 - 5 gal jerry cans and hose. But I'm looking foward to all of it during our winter

Silverback07

Adventurer
Well about the batteries.. I put a single Odyssey group 31 battery in the tongue box on mine... maybe I could fit two but I was concerned with tongue weight.. one was 75 lbs. Also there really is limited room in the tongue box.. two would be really tight.. but without a battery box for sure. I will be doing a gen set down the road, for AC (got some plans). I built up my RTT rack to allow support for the front of my RTT (front overhung the mount by a few feet and was concerned with my fat *** laying up there and bending the floor), but it will also serve as a base for a 100 watt solar panel to help out. Truck has an 85 watt panel as well and it powers the ARB fridge fine. But I want to move the fridge into the trailer. Next years projects.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
I think prob 1 battery be fine. I've looked at the odyssey and vmax might use an optima. I'll put fridge in back and pull out kitchen right next to it on slider. Drifta has some cool easy to build ideas. Just gotta get my hands on trailer!! I'm having northridge check on my ship status also. I'm like Tkhawk I'm not sure what deal is?

Silverback07

Adventurer
Its probably not Northridge, its most likely SB. When I bought mine even SB didn't have a clue when it would ship. When it showed up at 4WP they are the ones who called (out of the blue) and said "hey we got this thing here for you, can you come get it is taking up all our dock space". LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior