Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Water heater, pump and tank plumbing is finally installed....
IMG_7630.jpg
IMG_7631.jpg

I plan on making a Carbon Fiber housing cover for the lower pump and plumbing.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Looks great!!

Thanks.
I am not quite a fan of the pig tail curled line between the pump and heater, and think I will cut the line to length and have a hose shop crimp the fitting back on. Gonna be fun to see how my girls shower limited to 12 gallons each..... :) :)
Plan is in place, but we shall see if it will work... Lol.

bkone

Thanks all for sharing your cool mods! I will be copying some of the ideas :) I recently picked a scout at the 4wp store in Richmond VA. Drove from NJ to pick it up.

babcfe5b6fad67806c1bd1619a5bc347.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Thanks all for sharing your cool mods! I will be copying some of the ideas :) I recently picked a scout at the 4wp store in Richmond VA. Drove from NJ to pick it up.

babcfe5b6fad67806c1bd1619a5bc347.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats on you new Panzerbox. Looking forward to see it evolve.... :)

ebrabaek

Adventurer
So I went to a local hose maker and brought the hose from the water pump to heater with me, after I shortened it. They clamped it, and I like that a lot better.
IMG_7634.jpg

Then I fabbed up a pair of brackets to hold the aft jacks. I do not like this solution, but it will have to do for now. It just looks odd. I plan to come up with a system that allows them to be stored on the back where they belong.
IMG_7635.jpg
IMG_7636.jpg

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Looks good edrabaek. Yea those jacks are a pain for storage. I've finished couple small mods Rubber mat across top of box and a tube to put my awning poles in. For the time being until I get a lot more experience in using the trailing I'm about done. The one thing I've been fooling with and really not sure if it worth the time ,money and effort is installing linear actuaters on all 4 corners of the tent rack and raise and lower about 8 inchesimage.jpg

Kraxler

Ordered mine over thanksgiving and it arrived the beginning of December at a local shop. Had them assemble it and now its in my garage. As some have said, some minor rust issues. Will have to get some rust converter and spar paint.Not too keen on the heavy hitch weight. Looking at moving the spare to the back as some have done. Finding a place to store the rear jacks is a pain. Might try to mount them on the side of the tent rails. Also have been thinking of some linear actuators. Don't know if 4 are needed or 2 will do. Like all the different ways folks have wired the trailer and also the different water hookups.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Noticing you don't have your awning mounts sticking up out of your tent rack? Hope you didn't drive off and leave it? Referring to bkone.

bkone

No I have them in the trailer just didn't put it on yet, I was waiting for my tent & awning to be delivered. Will be installing those in a couple days. Thanks for noticing!

Midnightsun

Adventurer
No I have them in the trailer just didn't put it on yet, I was waiting for my tent & awning to be delivered. Will be installing those in a couple days. Thanks for noticing!

Good deal. You have nice set up your gonna love it. Putting it all together will be a blast

blare

Finally got it finished. Thought about running the same wheels as my LJ (15x8s/3.75 backspacing with 33x12.5s) + 1.25" adapters, but the offset wasn't enough so I just went with the factory kit wheel/tire combo. Initial impressions:

-Love the extra space
-Paired with the Overland XL tent this thing is great for a family of 4
-The stove drawer sucks. My Camp Chef Everest only fits on the shelf and it has to be all the way to the front to avoid the locking mechanism. We ended up just cooking on the top of the fender.
-Tried to follow the instruction manual that specified 10 clicks back off the drum brake mech, but that was way too much and 5 clicks is what I ended up doing.
-Powder coat comes off easy so watch it when near other metal objects.

Attachments

• IMG_6752.jpg
    IMG_6752.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Tkhawk

Adventurer
@blare, keep an eye on the front of your tent with that much overhang. That's how mine is and it started sagging in the front(older CVT tent). I braced the factory rack together and added a runner out to the front. I used angle iron so it would also double as a drawer for my folding table.

ratled

Adventurer
Then I fabbed up a pair of brackets to hold the aft jacks. I do not like this solution, but it will have to do for now. It just looks odd. I plan to come up with a system that allows them to be stored on the back where they belong.

So do the jacks raise the RTT and then you pin the rack in place or are these just the jacks storage place? It would be nice to use the jacks to raise the rack, pin in place and then use the jacks to level the trailer

ratled

blare

Good call on the overhang I honestly was focused on not having to much overhang the rear of the trailer. I wonder if adding a singular brace from the front rack forward could help transfer the load a bit and maybe offer a good spot to mount some lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles