Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Interesting...
My trailer came with no holes in the side walls of the tray, maybe they re-designed it since. I have SB Arctic fridge, like you said it fits right in, I only had to drill another hole for the pin to secure the slide out. Manual for the fridge says something about 4 inches of clearance around the fridge but I’ve seen people put those things in tighter spaces with no issues
I’m hitting the road for couple weeks soon, we’ll see how it performs

Perhaps they did change it Richard. Have the Arctic fridge been good to you?
Amazon has it for $444 right now......arrrrrrggggggg..... so tempting.

RichardPT

Richard
So far ok
I wish it would be bigger but I like it to be accessible from side as I carry bikes on the back of the trailer so it has to suffice ?
I paid more for mine so it sounds like a great deal
I’m leaving for Arizona and Utah this weekend- never been there before, any of you guys from that region have any advice?
I know there are other forums on that topic but I won’t be doing any serious off-roading and just looking to check out major nature attractions
Thanks, Richard

ebrabaek

Adventurer
So far ok
I wish it would be bigger but I like it to be accessible from side as I carry bikes on the back of the trailer so it has to suffice ��
I paid more for mine so it sounds like a great deal
I'm leaving for Arizona and Utah this weekend- never been there before, any of you guys from that region have any advice?
I know there are other forums on that topic but I won't be doing any serious off-roading and just looking to check out major nature attractions
Thanks, Richard

That is quite a drive, but I suspect that winter is still roaming up there. The big three destinations in UT are perhaps Moab area, ( which includes Canyonlands and arches) Bryce and Zion NP's, but in reality the state is loaded with Parks and recreational areas. I live in CO but only 90 minutes from Moab, so if you get in trouble while there, give me a ping. If you do end up in Moab coming in from the north, instead of turning south on hwy 191 from interstate 70, I would recommend continuing east on 70 for another 20-30 miles, and head south by taking the Cisco exit. Hwy 6 & 128 will take you to Moab via Castle Valley, which has the epic scenery you see in most westerns. John Wayne shot many of his films there on location. As hwy 128 parallels the Colorado river it is riddled with camp sites right on the river amongst vertical sand stone canyons. Quite spectacular. The further south towards Moab you get the more populated they get, but as you get to the Porcupine rim exit, there is actually a paved bike trail that leads all the way in to Moab, and Arched NM. What to do from there is really a matter of you picking your poison..... :) :)
One of my favorite easy trails are to continue along the river on the potash road til the pavement ends, then head up to the evap ponds, through Thelma and Louise point ( where they drove off the car in the movie) and then hang a right up the Schaefer switchbacks in to Canyonlands NP where pavement once again takes over. When you venture south to AZ it is fun to see the great crate in Winslow AZ. I better stop before I run out of coffee.... LOL.
Lemme know how the fridge does.

Erling

RichardPT

Richard
Thanks so much Erling
That’s plenty of useful info. Weather here is actually getting pretty comfy, I’m afraid we will be getting into some shivering temps on our drive for at least the first few days. Coming from Vancouver, B.C., the plan is to get to Salt Lake City asap and stay at Antelope Island State Park.
After that hit south, likely Zion Park, Grand Canyon, Moab. Me and my boys love downhill biking so we’ll be looking for fun places to do that, my wife is happy to hear about paved bike path. I like the tips for places recognizable from movies - Thelma and Louise ?
I’ll post some pics of my set up once I’m “set up” ?
Richard

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Thanks so much Erling
That's plenty of useful info. Weather here is actually getting pretty comfy, I'm afraid we will be getting into some shivering temps on our drive for at least the first few days. Coming from Vancouver, B.C., the plan is to get to Salt Lake City asap and stay at Antelope Island State Park.
After that hit south, likely Zion Park, Grand Canyon, Moab. Me and my boys love downhill biking so we'll be looking for fun places to do that, my wife is happy to hear about paved bike path. I like the tips for places recognizable from movies - Thelma and Louise ��
I'll post some pics of my set up once I'm “set up” ��
Richard

That sounds like a great trip in the making. One must on the to do list, as a fellow gravity rider, is the porcupine rim trail in Moab. If you were visiting in June or forward, then the " whole enchilada" is a must. I tried to do that twice, but weather forced us back both times. Might wanna you tube porcupine rim trail first, as it have some...ehhhhh.... epic... uhmmmmmm drops. Not on the trail though, but about 1000 feet only a few feet from the trail. One of my favorites. Visit Poison spider in Moab, and they charge 10- 20 $ to shuttle you up there. You then park your ride at the bottom of the trail on hwy 128.
Vancouver is beautiful. I have been there twice, and want to go back sooooo bad.
Lemme know if you have any other Q's. :)

RichardPT

Richard
Thanks, we’ll definitely check the trails - I don’t know if I can keep myself on the bike with that much drop lurking to the side... I do that on skis in Whistler and the surrounding area but snow is a bit more forgiving than dirt. Yeah, that reminds me - I’m giving up quite a good skiing for that trip so it better be good. I think it will be awesome. Thanks

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Thanks, we'll definitely check the trails - I don't know if I can keep myself on the bike with that much drop lurking to the side... I do that on skis in Whistler and the surrounding area but snow is a bit more forgiving than dirt. Yeah, that reminds me - I'm giving up quite a good skiing for that trip so it better be good. I think it will be awesome. Thanks

Yeppers.....
Have a great time, and let me know if you need anything while in Moab.

Erling

griffids

Observer
Perhaps they did change it Richard. Have the Arctic fridge been good to you?
Amazon has it for $444 right now......arrrrrrggggggg..... so tempting.

I've been running the Arctic fridge for several years now without 1 issue and that's one heck of a price.

RichardPT

Richard
Leaving Salt Lake City, we’ll in Moab tonight.
Stayed at Antelope Island, beautiful place but treated us with snow storm on arrival. Did not expect to have to use my winter camping skills on this trip. Setting up SB tent in blowing snow was interesting but we managed fairly quickly.
Have bunch of pictures but somehow this thread is giving me an option to submit.
Cheers

ebrabaek

Adventurer
I've been running the Arctic fridge for several years now without 1 issue and that's one heck of a price.

That is great to know. I did not pull the trigger when it was $427.... I know I know... I should have, but didn't. I am watching it though. :)

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Leaving Salt Lake City, we'll in Moab tonight.
Stayed at Antelope Island, beautiful place but treated us with snow storm on arrival. Did not expect to have to use my winter camping skills on this trip. Setting up SB tent in blowing snow was interesting but we managed fairly quickly.
Have bunch of pictures but somehow this thread is giving me an option to submit.
Cheers

Sounds great. We just rolled through Moab looking for riverside campspots, and they are very saturated with rain and snow right now. It is like a mass exodus of campers heading out, but I suppose with spring break over that is normal.
If you like breathtaking scenery, then Fishers Towers campsite # 4 is a real nice place, within walking distance of the hiking trail. Other options are Goose island CG, Big Bend CG, and Hittle Bottom CG. All three along HWY 128.

Safe travels.

RichardPT

Richard
We are staying at sand flats recreation area
Arches state park was full but where we are looks great
We’ll check out more tomorrow

RichardPT

Richard
Finally I was able to upload some pics. I thought my Jeep was special until I got to Moab - every vehicle in this town is a Jeep or some other off-roader. My eyes are popping 勞

Attachments

• F6AD71EE-4B91-431B-86A4-E56E307D359E.jpeg
    F6AD71EE-4B91-431B-86A4-E56E307D359E.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 05892C74-31AE-48E0-AE7B-8DD561D7949F.jpeg
    05892C74-31AE-48E0-AE7B-8DD561D7949F.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 153F9FF7-544D-46AA-B208-1974C2B6D719.jpeg
    153F9FF7-544D-46AA-B208-1974C2B6D719.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 214

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Finally I was able to upload some pics. I thought my Jeep was special until I got to Moab - every vehicle in this town is a Jeep or some other off-roader. My eyes are popping 勞

Nice pics Richard.
I like that side box you put on. That is my next area of attention.

Erling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles