Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Silverback07

Adventurer
I put lights in all boxes, to include the side boxes I added. The 3 normal boxes it comes with I added a switch to each box just to the side of the door opening. Easy to turn on and off and out of the way. I used Permatex black silicone sealant/adhesive to attach everything, the MSDS on it has great specs for adhesion in heat.

Edit.. lights I ordered for main 3 boxes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FDAET80/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0270%20Medium.jpg

IMG_0269%20Medium.jpg

IMG_9254_1%20Medium.jpg

Last edited:

Midnightsun

Adventurer
I used battery operated puck LED lights in compartments very bright and remote controll. Hard wired the rest flood lights , USB ports ,couple cig plug ins. And fridge/ freezer. Not sure why this won't let me post pics. Mabey phone pics to big not sure?.? Also installed plug in for battery charger on battery on side of tounge box. Gonna put water heater in the stove drawer it will lay Down perfect then stand up on a hinge when shower needed

Midnightsun

Adventurer
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I can run drop cord from genset to plug on side of tounge box and recharge battery in 3 hrs to full charge Battery should run fridge for 48hrs straight. Depending on other use

Midnightsun

Adventurer
I went foward and got the Smittybilt genset after looking at Honda and the rest. Price is right and the remote start is cool and it is also a NRG generator which is one of the best made we used them above the artic circle in Alaska they never failed even at 60 below. Super quiet I'd recommend no prob

Arctic Cat

Adventurer
I ran lights inside mine and outside. I mostly used marine light fixture. Keeping my light switches inside by the battery box. Yes I put batteries intead of a gen set as I used solar panels when boondocking and charge the batteries from the alternator as the vehicle is running. I used golf car batteries.
ries.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Thanks Silverback. Have you run power up into your tent? Mabey run wire up threw square tubing that holds tent up?

I'm planning on running power up to my tent this weekend and I'm planning on running it down inside the tubing for the rack and then popping a hole in the box just below the bottom of the tubing.

Silverback07

Adventurer
My CVT Summit Series comes with a light and 2 USB ports already wired into it. I just plug it into the tongue box 12v outlet when I setup the tent. I considered trying to wire it in full time but didn't want to drill a hole in the floor of the tent and the way it is doesn't take any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94