Gen 2.5 fuel tank and charcoal canister needed

Eljefe

Just bought a 99 Montero for my son. The fuel tank is collapsed and leaking (charcoal canister is really heavy, looks like is saturated with either water or fuel) I'm calling salvage yards in Phoenix AZ, but haven't found one yet. If anybody has one or knows where to get one please let me know.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
This is on my long term to do list as well.....I believe they can be rebuilt DIY, google it people have done it.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Most of the Az Montero guys left this forum and are on https://www.adventuredrivendesign.com/forums/index.php I know there is a Gen 2.5 Charcoal canister over at my friends house, as far as the tank goes there is a fresh '97 SR which will have the same tank over in a Phoenix yard as of two days ago it was fresh inventory. I don't know the exact location of either of these things but RyanY knows where the '97 is and PA_JERO would be the guy to ask about the charcoal canister.

On a side note what does this '99 Montero look like? Seems odd to have a crushed tank unless one of us owned it before :smiley_drive:

Eljefe

Thanks for the heads up. Truck is a white 99 owned by a forum member, he had issues with negative pressure building inside the tank. The tank was not damaged by an impact, it actually imploded by excessive negative pressure. I found a new vapor canister on rock auto under 2000-2001 Montero, looks the same as the 99 also same part number stamped on the canister. I you find out the yard where the 97 is please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier