1984 CUCV M1010 Sold

CUCV GRV

KJ6ZWQ
I am offering up one of only a few completed M1010's into campers around. This truck has been a labor of love.

Sold

Here are the Specs,

1984 Chevrolet Military CUCV M1010 Ambulance 20797 miles

• 6.2 Detroit Diesel w/Banks Turbo
  • Transmission TH400
  • Gear Vendors Overdrive
  • Skyjacker Suspension Lift
  • Discoverer R/T3 tires
  • 2 new Starting Batteries
  • 12 Volt Air Compressor with 5 Gallon Tank. Two Couples One on Each Side near the Front of Box

Camper Specs

• 2 Solar panels 180 watts total
  • Morningstar duo charge controller (has many configurations can currently 90/10 split. 90% to House Batteries 10% to Starting Batteries. Always ready to go
  • 3 Deep Cycle Batteries for the House
  • Onboard Battery Charger Should you want to top off batteries from Generator or Shore power
  • 2 X 1000 watt Invertors Zantrex
  • 2 X 16 Gallon Fresh Water tanks
  • 1 X Propane Tank
  • 2 burner Propane Stove
  • 1 Whynter 65 quart AC/DC Fridge ( This thing is awesome very little amp draw. Froze my beers on two different times when I forgot to turn off Fast Freeze
  • 1 X 5 gallon Porta-Potty
  • 1 X Propane Outdoor Water Heater/ Shower. Mounted on the rear door
  • Stainless Steel Sink
  • 4 Layer Memory Foam Bed (Super Comfy)
  • Bed Rolls up to reveal a Metal Work Table
  • Large Wood Storage Cabinet

A few Items of note. I installed a remanufactured injection pump 2014. I have a new set of Injectors never installed. The Glow plug controller has been removed. Simple Push button glow plug operation. The truck is ultra reliable. I use this truck as my life boat in the desert. The truck gets pretty decent mpg 14-17 fully loaded. I am drawing a blank as to other information the pictures leave out.

20170712_192832.jpg IMG_0028.jpg 20170712_192804.jpg Fridge.jpg IMG_0031.jpg IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg towel unit.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

The reason I am selling is I want to build another type of truck on a larger chassis like a F750.

Truck is located in San Jose, Ca

Send many a PM if you need more information

Here is a link to the build thread http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/58178-M1010-Expo-Camperprice reduction

Last edited:

rontaki

Observer
Fixing incorrect image rotation

Until I can sort why every picture is upside down I will gladly email all the pictures just pm me.

Just a guess as to why the pictures are rotated / upside-down - The camera embeds EXIF data into the images, including the orientation of the camera from "normal" when the picture was taken. Your home viewer uses the EXIF data to rotate the image to right-side-up even if the image was taken with the camera upside-down, etc.

If this is the case, view the image without the EXIF data, or remove the EXIF data and then rotate as necessary and save. Then when you post it, the image should be in the same orientation as you see on your computer, as now the image is without any metadata regarding the camera rotation when taken.

There are numerous viewers and utilities available for dealing with or removing EXIF data. Check the "save as" options on whatever view you use.
For example, I use Irfanview on my PC for viewing, and it can save JPG files without any attached EXIF data.

Great looking rig. Saw one of these for sale a little while back that needed worked and still kick myself for not jumping on it. I'm over the hill in Santa Cruz and would love to come check it out in person sometime. Will pm you with my contact info.

Last edited:

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Wow what a great setup. You posted this about a week after I picked up a type 2 ambulance 4x4 with a 7.3 PSD. Im down in San Diego. Or else I would have been all over your rig. I cant believe it hasnt sold yet. Love your rig. GLWS.

Hoosier.Daddy

Is that an orriginal AC unit there on the front top of the "house"? Does it still work? Is the "house" insulated? I'm asking bcz it gets a little colder in the hoosier state than southern California ⛄️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne