Received Eezi-Awn 1000 2.5M Awning Today

So I drilled the Front Runner mounts in order to attach them to the Eezi Awn mounts. Here are some pics, curious to what others did and how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_3089.jpg
    IMG_3089.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 18

anjin007

So I drilled the Front Runner mounts in order to attach them to the Eezi Awn mounts. Here are some pics, curious to what others did and how it turned out.

Did you drill them from the rear (from side) or the single screw from the bottom?

Lc80series

^This is exactly what I did too^ . Bought the 1000 awning and the FR Eezi Awn brackets. Found that it didn't work so researched and bought the Eezi Awn L brackets from Equipt. Found out the FR brackets don't really line up/connect well with the EA L brackets but it was close so started filing and grinding until could get the two sets of brackets to connect. Not too big a deal but it was annoying to want to get the thing mounted and having to order and wait for additional parts and then find it still didn't fit without modification.

Did you drill them from the rear (from side) or the single screw from the bottom?

I lined the bottom hole in Front Runner mounts up with the bottom hole of the Eezi Awn, and then had to drill an upper hole. FR has a "slot" dead center, not a hole up top, but its too far away, so you have t drill a new hole. I also had to use a countersink bit and further drill out the Eezi Awn brackets, its very important that the awning lay completely flat against the eezi awn brackets or it will have a pitch to it.

rickc

Adventurer
One thing I'd do differently and may still do, is to make one of the upper bolt locations on each of my brackets into a vertical slot so that I can lift and hang the awning single-handed with one bolt loosely attached to a nut then fit remaining bolts and tighten nuts afterwards. I have not tried to fit or remove the awning by myself yet and have serious doubts about doing so.

Teamoatmealpie

Observer
Sounds like FR's Adapter isn't up to spec to mate with EZ-A product.

Aaaaaadapter is hillbilly for 2 parts that ain't meant to work together but will be forced too anyway.

Do you all think the Front Runner adapter (Steel) can be welded to the Eezi-Awn adapter (Aluminum)? If so, I think I can just take them to a welder and have them lined up exactly like I want and have them weld it........I don't know much about welding so not sure if thats possible.

anjin007

I drilled the FR mounts today and mounted it to the EA brackets. It works but it's not pretty. I notified FR and they were responsive but they need to see what the engineers in SA have to say about it. I recommended they pull the brackets from the website until the issue is resolved. IMG_6193.jpg

Keep this thread updated if you hear anything. I am going to go back and re-work my brackets to raise the awning up even further. The bottom of the awning should ideally be flush with the bottom of the rack. This is to allow the table slide to work. Although I am not sure if the table slide latch has enough clearance between the rack and the awning......possibly not. FR used to make an older slide latch that didn't flip outward that could potentially be used if its available.

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
Wow. That's strange. We haven't heard of this issue, but clearly as the name of the product implies, it should work! Looks like there may have been a change to the Eezi-Awn brackets in the time since our engineers designed these mounts. They have been made aware of the problem and are looking in to it. In the meantime, we will gladly take a return on the brackets for a full refund, or we can put you on a list to swap the Front Runner Brackets out if / when we end up making a revised version of our mount.

Please feel free to contact us through any of our support channels - phone, email, web contact form, live chat - so we can help you out on a case by case, customer by customer, basis. Thanks!

And if you haven't already, watch this video we made about our Awning Brackets!

https://youtu.be/OdbSVTQgGnM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94