This is kindof interesting

It's show up on almost every city's craigslist. It presumably is in CA, but they are putting out everywhere they can, looking for that special buyer...

sandinmyshoe

I spoke to the very nice widow of the gentleman who built it pretty much all himself. It sounded like even the kitchen cabinets including plumbing, gas & water move and out of the way so the Porsche can drive in. I think there are two different wood burning heat sources and a lot of interesting features, but the ergonomics are a puzzle at best. What a wild thing to get all those goodies in one spot and still be mobile and have somewhere to live and sleep. As an artist and mad scientist I have to offer respect to whomever followed this project to the end it is so unusual and looks like there are many nice hand crafted details, and some unusual flourishes so it has 1000% the personality of most expedition vehicles. I am not sure if it drives or would be fun to be in... but details details!!

EV_Grey

I'm a hoarder, and this is typically the kind of vehicule I would want to keep aaaaaaallll my toys with me !
Except I'd really like a MAN KAT, so maybe a big toy trailer for the boat, windsurf and bike

adam88

Explorer
24,000 lbs?

I can't imagine the weight of this thing loaded. A Porsche spyder weighs 3500# at least. So with just the Spyder + two adults and their belongings this thing is at its payload capacity. Then add the actual camper itself (probably 2500#) and all the water and equipment. Then the tongue weight of the sailboat plus the kayak and all stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if fully loaded it was running at 6000# over GVWR, or even more. And it seems to only have stock tires/wheels on it... not 19.5" or anything.

It's very unique though. Gotta give it that!

cleansweep

Observer
The Beck Porsche Spyder weighs about 2000 lbs............I had one for about 10 years..........Mine had the 200 hp motor and it flew!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz