1997 Chevy K1500

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
I picked this up last year, leather, 5 speed, NP241. it wasn't originally going to be our traveling truck and its not going to be dedicated to just that either. we have a trip next month to the coast, then we will be using it to pull a trailer to get firewood and camping out for the weekends doing that. Next summer we are planning a longer trip, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and back home to Washington.

most of what I have been doing to it is maintenance, injection spider, 02 sensor, I have all new steering components to go into it, and new air shocks for the rear to help with the trailers. I bought the RTT several years ago on here during one of the group buys and have had it on a few different vehicles. last weekend I built the rack and used shouldered eye bolts as the bolts to hold it down also adding tie down points, tomorrow I am going to add another piece off the back of the rack to mount my awning over the tailgate.

truck1.jpgtruck2.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
when I built the rack for the tent the other weekend I completely spaced my awning sitting in storage, so this weekend I added onto the rack for it. when its all setup the rain fly over the window covers the gap between the awning and tent so when it rains it should just flow from tent to awning to ground. I also installed the air shocks for the rear and the 4WD on demand "kit".

not the best angle for a pic, will have to get some more.
truck3.jpg

aardvarcus

Adventurer
Looks good. I assume this has the 5.7L Vortec. Do you know if it has the 14B SF axle? I love 90s Chevy's with the NV4500 5 speed, I am currently building up a 1994 Suburban to replace my 2005 Tacoma.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
this weekend will be a complete fluid swap along with a new rear output seal on the transfer case. I also need to swap out the steering components but have been sick and don't know that I will have the energy for all that with no shop and the temps closing in on 100 degrees.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
well that didn't go quite as planned. Got the oil changed, air filter, rear diff fluid changed, and the rear output shaft seal on the transfercase changed, but the fill plug is messed up on the transfercase so I didn't drain it yet, and I didn't have the right tool for the transmission drain/fill plugs.

I had a helper last night out there filling the rear diff, my 6yo.
levi2.jpglevi1.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
I have been fighting the rear output seal on the transfer case, cannot get it to seat properly and it keeps weeping around it. this weekend I am doing it one more time and I am going to RTV it. The truck has been busy this summer but unfortunately not out camping, it spent most of its time with the car trailer hooked up hauling hay, vehicles, IBC totes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94