TASTEY 2017- A North Rim of the Grand Canyon... thing

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Great vid series..and trip report. Sub'ed on YT.

Thanks for the inspiration to check out the AZ backcountry.

:sombrero:
Cheers, thanks Ghost65! We're trying to get better at the videos so bear with us. :victory::sombrero:

rickashay

Explorer
Excellent trip report, thank you for taking the time to share!

It's such an interesting thing how the terrain I get to explore is so different, but the feelings and nuances of a short adventure are still so common. Catch line for me was " More remote... Gotta get more remote". This is exactly how I feel when I explore and see the disrespect so common in the Backcountry. Getting to places where you won't find anyone else always seems to be the solution, albeit not fixing the root of the problem.

Keep it up, and Goose is pretty rad!

Ashton

Completely agree with your statement about imparting feelings on a vehicle when it takes you to amazing places. I've always wanted to see more of the less famous parts of AZ and UT, thanks for the show!

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Excellent trip report, thank you for taking the time to share!

It's such an interesting thing how the terrain I get to explore is so different, but the feelings and nuances of a short adventure are still so common. Catch line for me was " More remote... Gotta get more remote". This is exactly how I feel when I explore and see the disrespect so common in the Backcountry. Getting to places where you won't find anyone else always seems to be the solution, albeit not fixing the root of the problem.

Keep it up, and Goose is pretty rad!
Thanks Rickashay,
Well said. The "get more remote" thing works, but you're absolutely right that it does nothing to solve the problem itself. At one point I got fed up with not doing enough to fix the core problem and started a volunteer cleanup. Over the years it grew, but I was always dismayed at how there was plenty of "new" trash to clean up whether we had 400 or 800 volunteers. The more we cleaned, it was almost like the more people stepped up their trashing. Still, I think it's a worthwhile endeavor for the amount of kids who were there and have a built in reflex for life of not trashing these places. At least we can all grab a little trash as we see it.
(Talk about a delayed reply :LOL:)

Completely agree with your statement about imparting feelings on a vehicle when it takes you to amazing places. I've always wanted to see more of the less famous parts of AZ and UT, thanks for the show!
Thanks Ashton! We just took ol Goose out on a tough trail last weekend and he reminded the wife and I what a good buddy he is despite the abuse we level at him.
4zXA6rA-y8SBxu9MuFoNHbXJsVJn5ZM65YypxZaBx1U_t8gBkDkSLzJ1o08rS8OMh1yt7YQDzQEBF2hmFwMKZk6rdniiwKBn9FSPwXI29zjF8dltNLSUMz8qqp8Jy5GkS8Uz3FWhXM4OYrOJFnmp3CyKhIFYvUn8UZanV4ACBQjVuKsjfEBybmzi7lL86SjyscvcSe324VdYU_Oi6ROKH9m2gi58xi8Svf4bJ_D7hZ9TJ7hJOrsTxm7n3ploEXakB16jtkTvxiQG5QuI-ps8uhGKNhyKv0kqfI_an-NBaQZxehw0oU8Qrr2nnf8786yKNvt5YHUDO3FCQ4rRierP-l88u6ssZfCjhwWYU6tZTLD-dY_oimQu0lfn44rYFnl1w7CVB2iJJpH10Ibo84oDf3zuZdYddCz_T2jVYpOyJZ1fqVu0v39mtsmA46q7wGwZ5mNMZCk5FtVXyivFSGguzZ4sZDg3KrnuR6_m2Z8FO60TTjCDGQmoZWYC6UbPgw31P-o7gyg2PidfobvN3zmcZ69AHHSbm4D9SOehQ74-f_1KqmPlXJR2EaTGjHMfeCLMlEKGvEE_lQF9Ud2kKkJbh9GXE51JwGBNr2WkI5VL=w1278-h958-no

MCX

TalesFromTheDesert.com
Great trip report, thanks for sharing! We've camped at some of the same places, so it's fun to see them...beautiful pictures & videos! One of my favorite camping spots is at Parashant - Whitmore Canyon, where y'all made the hike down to the Colorado River.

Oh yeah, I loved the side story of the Forest Ranger at Mt. Trumbull, too!

Tales from the Desert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles