Anyone Daily Drive Their Truck?

wirenut

Adventurer
I use my Chevy crew cab dually as a work truck so I do drive it just about every day. i probably average about 100 miles a day to and from work sites. I have an aluminum flatbed on the truck with under and over bed tool boxes. Loaded for work it weighs about 9,000 pounds. I also used it to haul my 11' TC on family vacations. I would clean out the bed between the boxes and slide under the camper. I did try to personally pay for the fuel I used on camping trips but I still let my business handle all the maintenance.

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
My avitar has been my daily driver for 15 years .... 6m long (20ft), 3.05m high (10ft) and weighs 6T.
Prior to that it was a slide-on on a Ford F350 table top for 12 years. After a couple of years we fixed the slide-on to the tray permanently. Registration and insurance was cheaper that way, but more importantly it was then always ready to go at a moments notice for a quick weekend away or for a night out's retreat after a couple too many vinos.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

I drive mine loaded everyday!
d8f84b2f849c4b53ff2c9699c8a452e8.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Wow, don't see many hardsides on old tacoma. What does it weigh? What suspension did you put on the truck? How does it handle? What kind of mileage do you get? This is what I want, but there's not many folks doing it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles