1991 'Burb V1500 Resurrection

Takai13

Picked up my new project today. It looks a bit rough but I have seen much worse. For the price I just couldn't pass it up. For an old trailer (that I had no money into) and $80 (he needed a title for another rig). After 5 years under a tree in a hole it took a hour to drive it out. The tires took more time to air up that anything else. Third seat isn't there I could go get it but I really don't want to drive across the state to get it. Sitting on some mismatched 31's but it came with spares! So I have all 4 of the original Rally's (plus the factory spare), 5 classic White Steel rims (235/75R15) and 4 more on the same style rim with 31-10.5 Studded tires.

Attachments

• Start3.jpg
    Start3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Start2.jpg
    Start2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Start1.jpg
    Start1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Start5.jpg
    Start5.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 19

Takai13

What a find! How much rust is there? Hard to tell from pics what's rust and what's dirt.

Rust? Except for the battery none that I have found so far. The sills and fenders are solid. I spent a bit of time doing clean-up and I think the pictures speak for themselves. 4wd works well, Front A/C is cold, Rear A/C needs some help (blower works on high only and it sounds like a lawnmower). A quick inventory shows that it needs a new windshield, one marker light, a headliner, dashpad (eventually), and a tune-up it should be good to go.

Attachments

• Clean4.jpg
    Clean4.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Clean3.jpg
    Clean3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Clean2.jpg
    Clean2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Clean6.jpg
    Clean6.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Clean5.jpg
    Clean5.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 20

Takai13

I am going to order a window when I get to work on Monday. Beyond that I am going to focus on the headliner first. Being slightly tall in the torso a sagging liner just plain annoys me. Downside is I actually dislike the color red. Has anyone ever mounted on the bare ABS headliners and just painted it instead mounting one with the fabric on it?

ClovisMan

Observer
I like it! Some soap and water really did it justice. I bet that dent in the door will push out from the inside.

Takai13

I seem to collect Chevy's with a dent in that particular door. My '71 K5 had one, the 86 C10 I am selling has one and the 'Burb has one. Go figure!

Bojak

Adventurer
Coordinate dash cover installation with window replacement and it might allow you to get an excellent fit.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94