Leitner Designs ACS - Topper killer? Whose got one and what do you think?

B^2

Observer
I've been doing some research and I wanted to bring this thread back from the dead so to speak. I really like the idea of a Leitner or Wilco system for a RTT but I had the idea of not having cover for my other items in the bed of the truck.

I'm still trying to do research into whether the decked system can hold a couple pairs of skis because that's a big factor for me. When my wife and I go up to Vermont, we tend to throw our skis, duffel bags full of clothes and misc items into the bed and close the soft rolling tonneau cover. I'm wondering if there is some kind of RTT support system that is compatible with a tonneau cover type product that allows me to have the bed covered from snow/rain/etc. The decked system is great for things that can fit in the drawers but it still leaves anything on top of it exposed to the elements.

Any help/insight here would be much appreciated.

rickc

Adventurer
A year ago I was working out which way to go. I don't have a motorbike to load and I want my stuff clean and dry so chose to go with a topper; it really is an each-to-his/her-own issue. I wanted all season camping and security.

Explorerinil

Observer
A year ago I was working out which way to go. I don't have a motorbike to load and I want my stuff clean and dry so chose to go with a topper; it really is an each-to-his/her-own issue. I wanted all season camping and security.
I agree I prefer to keep stuff dry and secure, plus during hunting season I got a good place to sleep.

ddettamanti

Not a topper killer, but an alternative. Here is mine on a DCLB tacoma. still waiting for my RTT. I like the versatility of it, I might look into making a retractable soft top that attaches to the load bars for shade when the RTT is not attached.

33246735_1001621169989763_7387411111387070464_o.jpg

evanthediehlio

So here's my setup, rear bar is removable for easier/more carrying for bikes, sides roll down to make a tent, tie downs everywhere for whatever I want to throw in, and my diy rtt mounts to the top. I welded it from mostly 1.5" square tube, 1/8" wall steel. Cost about $100 in material, and can pull it off pretty easy if needed.
IMG_4939.jpgIMG_4670.JPGIMG_4839.JPGIMG_4941.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles