Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge mega cab interior length

Default Dodge mega cab interior length

Hi, I'm wondering if a dodge mega cab has enough cab length that with modifications to the seats to make them lay down, that I could sleep my 6'5" *** inside comfortably. Sure would make the build easy by keeping the clean side clean and dust free in cab, and back can be for dusty dirty smelly gassy stuff, like the dogs and girlfriends.
    My extended cab super duty is pretty long inside with the rear seats removed, but not quite long enough for a giant.

I would be surprised if the Mega Cab would be long enough to support your size. Get a Suburban and a roof rack.

Quote Originally Posted by p nut View Post
    I would be surprised if the Mega Cab would be long enough to support your size. Get a Suburban and a roof rack.
    Oh how I loathe roof racks but ya this is true the Burban is a good way to sleep,inside. But, not a lot of gear storage and definitely no place to put a motorbike or other unmentionables.

I'm just brainstorming anyway. I'm in the process of building my ex cab super duty into an overlander now. So sleeping will be in the back.
    I had a burban last year briefly. It wasn't quite up to the task of towing our boat, but in reality I should've sold the boat and kept the burban. Honestly I have issues driving autos for some reason. It's a quirk I have.

What I really want is a mid 2000's burban with a 12v cummins and a stick. Anybody done that?
    Last edited by Paddy; 07-18-2017 at 02:02 AM.

I'm 6' even and spent a week sleeping in the back seat of my mega cab last fall. It sucked! Had to sleep angled to almost fit and sometimes prop legs up on the front seat to stretch out. I'll try to get a measurement this evening of the platform the seats make when folded down. No mods necessary to have a big flat platform but still short for sleeping.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I think you're misunderstanding but I'd love the measurement if you would, what I'm suggesting is modifying the driver seats to fold down flat and have the entire cab basically one big romper room. So if you could measure from the face of the glove box to the rear cab wall that's what I'd be sleeping in. And if possible tell me what extra could be gained by removing the rear seat back also. Thanks!

Ok, sure. Never thought about a folding front seat. Ill try to remember to get some measurements and pics this evening.

So my '15 and '07s are 85" from glove box door to rear cab wall. It would take some creativity to make a folding front seat but if you did that a person of your size could fit comfortably I believe.

Awesome thank you! Maybe my next build....

No problem! Keep us posted if you decide to build one. I love mega Cabs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a Mega, and I am 6'4" and it is not good at all to sleep in , you will be on your either side with your legs curled up and no room to stretch. it was horrible , now i have a Ram Crew Cab long bed with Topper and good mattress , its like sleeping in my house bed!! , you will be more comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast