Freespirit Recreation Basecamp trailer tent: Any Reviews?

Str8shot

I am considering this tent for my Outlander Sherpa trailer. I have not found much online about this tent or whether it can handle winter camping in Colorado. I would appreciate any info from anyone who owns or who has used this tent! Time to set up and take down, how it performs in rainy, windy, cold conditions, general comfort, comments on durability etc. Thanks!

Here is the link to the website.
https://www.gofsr.com/product/base-camp-trailer-tent-9-ft/

jadmt

ignore button user
I will say freespirit has pretty poor descriptions on their tents. when they say short description needed they are shooting themselves in the foot. I just bought a journey offroad trailer that has their XL tent and it is very well made. excellent quality material all the way around.

tppatron

I own one of the journey trailers and looked hard at the basecamp tent last year. I saw one set up in the showroom and when setup it looks great. Lots of room (compared to a regular RTT), has a decent size foam mattress big enough for 2, and enough space to set up another cot or two for kids. The quality seemed pretty good, but in the end I went with a large RTT from CVT due to the ease of setup.

For me, the benefit of keeping the entire tent off the ground was a big bonus. After spending the last month on the road camping with my family, had I gone with the basecamp I would have been sorry. To me, finding a large enough flat area without rocks, etc is such a hassle and would have made finding a good spot to camp more work.

FWIW, it didn't look like they were continuing to stock the basecamp trailer. They had one in the showroom and were eager to make me a deal to get rid of it so give them a call and they might do the same.

Their new focus seems to have shifted towards traditional RTT models and what they call "adventure series". For 2 people, the adventure series is a nice setup, and they told me that an annex will be ready for it soon. I saw a prototype which looked really nice - provides shade/rain protection outside the tent with 3 walls (no floor).
2016-07-20-13.54.28.jpg2016-07-20-13.49.46.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior