My ZR2 Colorado and Canyon Saga

fifty

Adventurer
I'm about to pick up a zr2 after the first. The dealer thinks there may be incentives on the first to make the price go down. If not then it's the current agreed price.

I'm going to be getting those shock sliders for sure! Are you working on any rear diff armor and any skid plates for the tank and trans? Or replacing all of the under armor with something more robust?

I'm currently looking around for someone that has created either airbumps or hydro bumps for the truck. (And a real
Review of that bed mounted light bar)

JDaPP

Adventurer
I purchased a 2017 Colorado November 15 it is a Ext Cab 4Wd WT with the 3.6 V6 and an auto and the auto locking rear differential. Due to family commitments and work, part time contracting to CalFire all I have done is install my 2 meter, tablet, GPS and IPhone mounts in the cab (ProClip products, no drilling); remove the back seats and install a Smittybuilt fridge on one side and Case for emergency equipment and bailout bag on the other. I have added two Titan 15 gal side mount fuel tanks to the bed, (they worked out perfectly). I also leveled it with a 1 1/2 lift on the front. I ordered Cooper SST Pro tires this morning in 235/85R16.

My plan is to add a shell probably a Leer 180, put the ARB compressor under the hood add a light bar to the roof and a Westin hidden winch tray and a 9. 9.5 or 10 winch. I will need a tire carrier, just looking at it hanging bugs me. So build that bumper, I really want to see it. I am currently considering the Wilco base unit in the 2" receiver, the bumper sounds better. For long term camping or fire assignments I may add a OZRV 2 tent and call it good.

As far as mileage the best I got was 30.8, freeway at night cruise control set to 61 mph for 57 miles. I average 25.6 for the 1000 miles it has been driven. I left a Old Man Emu, Aluminess bumper equipped 07 double cab short bed Tacoma with 25600 miles on it and a 4WD camper for this. I am thrilled with the truck so far and am very happy to be simplifying my camping.

I will take some pictures of where I am at now and post them tomorrow. More to follow as the changes happen. I need to change my avatar I see...

I am following your web site and am enjoying your thread here.

Thanks for sharing, Gfiero

Do you have any pictures with the titans mounted?

fifty

Adventurer
Has anyone used the factory option “sports light bar”? Is it any good? My sales guy is trying to work a deal for me on that and another “dealer installed option”

The second one is the front camera and the side view mirror cameras. I saw a video with the install for that and my wife said she doesn’t want me doing that. She said let the dealer do it so it’s their problem and their warranty should there be an issue.

But we want to make sure it works first.

Any one have any experience with either?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles