Host Camper 4x4 Fuso with slide outs

haven

Expedition Leader
Host builds vehicles for Earthcruiser, and Host makes pickup truck campers with slide outs. So it makes sense that they would try an expedition-style flatbed model of their own. The photo shows the camper on a Fuso, but it would fit nicely on an F350 flatbed, too.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Being nearly 15 feet long, I would not advise that particular camper to be installed on a 1-ton pickup.

Long wheelbase F450/550 sure, but certainly not a 1-ton.

gregmchugh

Observer
Host builds vehicles for Earthcruiser, and Host makes pickup truck campers with slide outs. So it makes sense that they would try an expedition-style flatbed model of their own. The photo shows the camper on a Fuso, but it would fit nicely on an F350 flatbed, too.

Interesting, I didn't know a Host builds vehicles for EarthCruiser. What vehicles are they?

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
We helped HOST build a couple of slide out type campers on the FUSO platform when I first moved to the USA . There has been no collaboration for a number of years, did not really match up with our way of doing things.

Steve_382

Thanks for the replies. After looking at their website and Facebook page a little more, it seems their main business is truck campers with slide outs. Still, interesting idea that gives a little more space inside. I also think their Expedition Vehicle is quite a bit less expensive than other options. Apples and Oranges maybe, but depends on your needs.

java

Expedition Leader
Im 99% sure that one (or one if theirs) was for sale here in WA last summer.

27656563146_3015b58f8f_b.jpg

zb39

Adventurer
Being nearly 15 feet long, I would not advise that particular camper to be installed on a 1-ton pickup.

Long wheelbase F450/550 sure, but certainly not a 1-ton.

The body (box) is 11.5 feet long. Pretty standard for a slide in truck camper. They work fine on a 1 ton DRW. I'm not sure if they would even sell just the EV box or if they will mount it to anything but the Fuso....They make very nice truck campers though.

Attachments

• IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
The body (box) is 11.5 feet long. Pretty standard for a slide in truck camper. They work fine on a 1 ton DRW. I'm not sure if they would even sell just the EV box or if they will mount it to anything but the Fuso....They make very nice truck campers though.

The one linked is NOT 11.5ft long

As listed right on the website

FLOOR LENGTH 14' 8"

1.jpg

1cambo

I like it BUT it is ONLY for the Fuso which I think is a mistake. I think if they had gone the route of others and made the camper to fit other chassis, sales would be better, IMHO.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
We'll, the Fuso is a damn good chassis, and has support on pretty much every continent, and as a bonus, is only in the mid $40k range in arctic pesos. (That's Canadian dollars in case that wasn't clear!). That makes it a very good compromise in my opinion. The only thing I'd do different is single rear wheel rather than dual for off pavement use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles