4x4 van insurance

Tlave

I know this topic has been talked about already, but after trying similiar routes from other post, talking to all the major insurance companies directly and @ a dozen local agents I'm getting desperate. I have a 2000 E-350 converted to 4x4 that I'm trying to insure for a modified(stated) value instead of an actual value(KBB). I live in Florida and I don't know if that is making a difference. It also doesn't qualify as an rv. Any advice would be appreciated.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Look into a commercial policy. I have stated values on 2 of my vans thru Progressive Commercial.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
I did a stated value policy with Hagarty for my boat. It was pretty painless. That's the most valuable vehicle in my house, getting close to what all the others combined add up to. I ran the policy by my regular insurance agent to see if they could beat it. They looked it over and said it was a good deal, go with it. I tried to give them the business anyway.

There are a few others here at work that have custom cars that have them insured with Hagerty as agreed value.

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
Call your agent with pictures of any conversion labels and proof that it was a factory conversion or at least done by a company still in business.

Then tell him/her that your house/cars/ business policies are riding on you getting the van covered. If no then bolt.

You have to get past the agent to the actuary. They set the policy in action for all our oddball stuff.

Someone will cover it. Check in on the Sportsmobile forum for brother owners in your state.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior