Modifying Blackstone propane grill

btburn

Observer
Has anyone modified their Blackstone grill to run on the quick connect low pressure system already on the trailer?
I'm looking at the Tailgater grill/griddle and when I emailed them they said they had no info for me. I don't want to order it and have it not work.
I see no reason why it wouldn't unless the regulator they provide is built in or non removable.
Thanks

btburn

Observer
You sure it doesn't need high pressure propane?

I don't think it does. I found a better picture and the regulator is on the bottle connector so I should be able to connect it directly to my quick connect once I remove the regulator.
I'll find out at least and if not I'll just use a spare bottle or the trailer bottle and cook on that side instead.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Has anyone modified their Blackstone grill to run on the quick connect low pressure system already on the trailer?
I'm looking at the Tailgater grill/griddle and when I emailed them they said they had no info for me. I don't want to order it and have it not work.
I see no reason why it wouldn't unless the regulator they provide is built in or non removable.
Thanks

It looks like a fairly standard setup with a low pressure feedline going into the grill. I haven't used this particular grill but have rigged up several others to work on the main propane tank both at my house and on the camper.

rTAzm5R.jpg

Something like this should do the job - https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57282-Propane-Quick-Connect-Hose/dp/B00CPYC9BC

btburn

Observer
It looks like a fairly standard setup with a low pressure feedline going into the grill. I haven't used this particular grill but have rigged up several others to work on the main propane tank both at my house and on the camper.

rTAzm5R.jpg

Something like this should do the job - https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57282-Propane-Quick-Connect-Hose/dp/B00CPYC9BC

Thanks, I already had that one and some fittings on my list for amazon. Just have to wait another paycheck or 2 to get everything.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
It should work fine then. If for some reason there is an issue please post up!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke