My Ruger Trailer and Jeep

btburn

Observer
WK Trailer.jpg
I'm new here, here is one of my set ups.

This is from last weekend up near Red Feather Lakes Colorado. In the last week I bought a 2010 Coleman Cobalt Pop Up camper so I decided to strip The Ruger down and refinish with Raptor Liner. I'll take pictures of that process soon. The trailer itself is awesome and it was the very first trailer that Ruger Trailers made and sold, I just found that out when I contacted them for new stickers after I refinish it.
It pulls like it isn't even there and has gone everywhere my Jeep has gone with no complaints or issues.
I'll post up my Cobalt later, I'm planning on lifting it up a little to get further off the trail.

btburn

Observer
Nice set up!
I just sold my 06 WK Hemi, that thing was a beast.
Hope to see you out in the mountains sometime.

Thanks, I love it. We usually stay to the northwestern foothills and mountains. Red Feather is my favorite camping place because I grew up near that area.

Screwfly

Thanks, I love it. We usually stay to the northwestern foothills and mountains. Red Feather is my favorite camping place because I grew up near that area.

I'm not real familiar with that area, but have been looking at it for some weekend getaways.

btburn

Observer
I'm not real familiar with that area, but have been looking at it for some weekend getaways.

It's nice, plenty of back roads. plenty of dispersed camp sights. If you are close to the road you will have ATV's going by occasionally. the big lakes are busy with weekend campers. There is a cool Buddhist temple up there too, I think it's called the Shambala Center of Red Feather. There are a couple of small restaurants for before or after your trip. I grew up up Rist Canyon and went to the Stove Prairie mountain school as a kid and have good friends up Red Feather so I tend to be drawn to that area. If you go up the Rist Canyon way Old Flowers road is fun as well but if you have a low trailer some places would be difficult passing. You could also take the Stove Prairie road and go to the Poudre Canyon using fire roads and dirt roads or you could take it south and it drops you into the western Loveland area. Lot's of trails to wonder around up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94