Does anyone have access to the Fuso body builder portal?

nicknoxx

I'd like some accurate drawings of the Fuso Canter 4x4 MWB (3865 wheelbase) which I believe are on the Body Builder portal but I don't have a login. I'm also interested in the body building directives. Can anybody help please?

I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

Be mindful that the specifications of the Fuso often vary from country to country, as it does from model to model.

I am interested... what 4x4 Canter model has a wheelbase of 3865mm?
In Australia the FG84 wheelbase is 3460mm and on the current model FGB71 it is 3415mm (for both the MWB and Crew Cab versions).

nicknoxx

pugslyy - I did try ages ago and was rejected but I've just tried to register again as I now have a company registered at my home address.

SkiFreak According to the 4x4 model link on this page the wheelbases for the UK are 3415 and 3865

DzlToy

Explorer
I presume you have downloaded the PDF body builder's manual already and found it lacking.

Several of the PDF body builder's manuals that I have are quite detailed.

nicknoxx

Thanks, but that's the problem. I can't find an equivalent pdf for the UK version. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me about access to the body builder portal but no luck so far.

Last edited:

DzlToy

Explorer
Found it in the Body Builder's Portal for European countries:

https://bb-portal.fuso-trucks.com/****...ne_2012_en.pdf

The 3865 mm wheelbase in question is included for the FG

DzlToy

Explorer
I don't think you are going to find that in the public domain for a new Canter.

In the States, there is organisation called SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturer's Association). Members have the ability to work with OEM's to develop products, get early release data, attend special events, etc.

So, if you want to build a bumper for a 2016 Ford Superduty pickup and you have a certain membership package with SEMA, you can get the CAD drawings from Ford to ensure proper bracket placement for the bumper, for example.

I doubt they are going to hand out drawings for an entire truck or chassis and I would not expect MFTB to be inclined to share much of anything since there is such a small market in the States. I am not trying to rain on your parade, but that has been my experience in the past and I have friends who are SEMA members. It is tough even for them to get everything they need.

Maybe you can find something similar in the UK.

Last edited:

nicknoxx

Thanks again. I found CAD files for the 2014 model year here in case it helps someone else.

Edit. No drawings for the MWB version just the SWB 3415mm

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Sorry in advance for a bit of a hijack, but if anyone has access to a 3D CAD model of a FG/FE cab (2005 - 2010) I would be very interested in that.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I probably should have added that I would prefer not having to pay for a 3D CAD model of the cab.
I have found a few online, but they were not cheap. Also, all of these models were meshes, not solids, so converting them into an engineering CAD format would be necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles