Steel Flat Bed

trd

Observer
Having a hard time finding steel flat beds with designs similar to a lot of the aluminum ones on the market such as Ute, Norweld, etc. Anyone know of a US brand that does or can do what I'm looking for? Trying to find a heavier option for an F-450 that will smooth out the ride when the camper is not on the back, but still handle the payload of a 4,000lbs. camper.

quickfarms

Adventurer
An air ride suspension would smooth out the ride.

Any welding shop can fabricate the bed. What dimensions are you looking for?

trd

Observer
An air ride suspension would smooth out the ride.

Any welding shop can fabricate the bed. What dimensions are you looking for?
Something very close to factory dimensions. I would love the idea of a solid metal bed, with removable aluminum side panels like the AEV truck tray, or UTE trays. This way it would add weight for the HD truck to smooth out the ride, and still handle a flat bed camper. Just thinking out loud right now.

The Artisan

Adventurer
When I sold my 99, I picked up this bed to help sell it. I am doing a similar one for my camper. Pic is when we got back from picking it up from the seller.
Kevin

Attachments

• fusobed3.jpg
    fusobed3.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

S2DM

Adventurer
I'm selling a slightly used flatbed built by Overland explorer that would do what you are looking for. Steel fabrication. Part of the reason I'm selling it is it is heavier than they said it would be, which would be a benefit for you. Its designed for 4wd use, spring mounted in front, with 4 storage boxes. Came of a 2016 f550, so it would fit a f450. I'd rebuild their camper mount system, I already drew up a set of plans before we decided to switch directions (I still have the mounts if you elect to use them). It has wheel wells to fit 41" tires, but that would also be an easy switch out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94