03 Ram 1500 Build

Bcmmp9

Observer
This is my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. I ended up buying it off my dad in late 2015. I had never had a 4x4 just lowered trucks but couldn't go camping and exploring in places I wanted to in a lowered truck. So now this is my build.

*Tires & Wheels
-305/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
-17x9 (Black) Method Standard Wheels

*Brakes
-R1 Concepts Drilled and Slotted rotors (Front/Rear)
-EBC Green brake pads

*Suspension & Steering
-Moog lower ball joints
-Moog tire rod ends
-Percision upper control arms/ball joints
-Percision wheel bearings
-Fox 2.0 front shocks
-Fox 2.0 rear shocks
-Readylift 1in block
-leveled

*Drivetrain
-Percision U-Joints
-Front/Rear Diff Breather extension

*Engine/Performance
-5.9 (360) Magnum
-K&N Crankcase Breather
-JBA headers
-Maganaflow Cat
-Quietflow muffler
-Custom cold air intake/K&N filter and pre filter
-Fastman 52mm throttle body
-Taylor 8mm plug wires
-ngk platinum plugs
-Accel coil pack

*Armor
-Custom Rock Sliders
-Factory Skids

*Exterior
-Black bezel Headlight Housings
-SDHQ a pillar light brackets
-Debaged
-Stubby antenna
-Deezee Tailgate assist
-SRT-10 OEM Grille
-Leer 100xr
-decked system
-Leer locker
-SRT-10 hood

*Lighting
-Hid Headlights and Fog lights
-Recon LED License Plate Bulbs
-Super bright LED interior bulbs
-Super bright LED turn signal bulbs
-Super bright LED back up lights
-Recon Taillights

*Electronics
-Pioneer Headunit
-Samsung S2 9.7 tablet

*Future planned Mods
-More armor
-Wilco hitchgate Hitchgate Max
-Front Runner roof rack on the camper shell
-Warn Hidden winch mount
-Warn XD9000 winch
-Garmin inReach Explorer+
-Baja Designs S2 Pro lights
-Rear Locker
-HemiFever Tuner
-Timbren bump stops
-MMW UCA's
-Fox 5.5 shocks W/ res
-Atlas rear springs
-35/12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
-Patton Fab light bar mount
-Patton Fab or Mercenary Offroad rear bumper (Can't make my mind up)
-(2) rotopax
-ARB fridge
-Water system
-Baja Designs LP'9s
-ALU-Cab 270 degree awning

*When i first got it.

*Of course the first thing I did is raise the front and loose the factory running boards. Local camping spot in Bell County, Ky. Early 2016.

*I picked up a used ARE camper shell off Craigslist. Also, ditched the tonneau cover. Then trimmed the front bumper.

Last edited:

Bcmmp9

Observer
*So i bought my wheels and tires 1 by one. I didn't wanna take out a loan on them because i hate bills haha. It took me almost a full year to buy them which was well worth the wait. Wheels are 17x9 Method Standards wit a 305/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler.

*First trip out to try the wheels and tires out.

*Then i ordered some new Fox rear shocks and Readylift 1in block for the rear the raise it up a little to keep it from rubbing as bad.

*The next weekend I went on a camping trip to try out the new rear setup.

Bcmmp9

Observer
*So i ended up getting rid of the camper shell to do a bed rack and regretted it a few weeks after it was gone. So i started saving for a new camper shell.

*So I picked up a set of SDHQ light pillar mounts and a set of Baja Designs XL80's. It came out great.

*I picked up a toolbox from tractor supply before heading to SMOR (Smoky Mountain Overland Rally)

*I snagged shovel and axe mount from Baja Racks. I had to modify it to work, but it came out great.

Bcmmp9

Observer
* Exploring some side roads off of the main loop of the KAT (Kentucky Adventure Tour).

*Doing some upgrades and some preventive maintenance. Fabtech upgraded shock mounts, Midland CB, U-Joints, and brake calibers all around.

Bcmmp9

Observer
I bought some much needed parts to fix the truck up. I threw on new brake calipers all around, a Midland 1001LWx CB/ Firestik 3 foot antenna.

Threw on my JBA headers and re-did my cold-air intake setup to accommodate the 2500 OEM battery tray.

Bcmmp9

Observer
A wile after I ended up picking up some LUX led rock lights. Helped quite a bit doing some night wheeling.

Stopped and snapped a pic on the way back from wheeling. The LUX rock lights and BD XL80's really light up the night.

Bcmmp9

Observer
After a few months of saving I headed to Tennessee to get my rock sliders put on.

I think they turned out great. Ended up testing them that night at Black Mountain Offroad park. They did amazing.

Bcmmp9

Observer
I lucked up and found a decked system of Facebook market place for onee hell of a deal so I had to snag it.

Bcmmp9

Observer
As my luck would have it my 46re finally pooped on me after 140 thousand miles. So I get it rebuilt and found out some common 46re problems and fixed them and upgraded them. Threw on a bigger trans cooler and a fan to put some cool air through it on the trail.

Picked up a Ram-Air performance air stream scoop to throw some cool air to the intake on the road.

Bcmmp9

Observer
So they don't make much for 1500's. A majority of what they do don't work for everyones setup. So I built me some bed support braces to work with the decked system.

Bcmmp9

Observer
I worked some OT and made a 10 hour round trip to Indiana to pick up a Leer camper shell with a Leer locker built in. Well worth the drive and money.

Bcmmp9

Observer
Snagged a good deal on eBay on a ram mount to throw my Galaxy Tab S2 on for my navigation. Picked up a proclip mount also to mount the ram mount too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles