Reputable Shop In SoCal?

KONNMAN

I am having an issue with my 2003 4.3lt Express. I am losing antifreeze and have no idea where. Ive looked everywhere! And I mean Everywhere! Im new to Socal and wonder if anyones know any shop to check it out. I was also thinking if its worst case Head gasket, is it possible to do an engine swap? to a 5.3 or 6.0?

EMrider

Explorer
I am having an issue with my 2003 4.3lt Express. I am losing antifreeze and have no idea where. Ive looked everywhere! And I mean Everywhere! Im new to Socal and wonder if anyones know any shop to check it out. I was also thinking if its worst case Head gasket, is it possible to do an engine swap? to a 5.3 or 6.0?

I've been taking my SMB to Hubert at South Bay Car Care in Lawndale for the past 10 years. He does very good work and is an honest and hard working guy. It is a real PITA to get there from where I live, but I make the effort because he does great work and I don't trust anyone else.

Good luck.

R

Last edited:

Stryder106

Explorer
SoCal covers a lot of territory. Which area specifically are you in? Did you check in your oil? Smell the exhaust?

KONNMAN

Thanks guys, Ive checked the oil no sign of coolant in there. The exhaust sometimes very little light white smoke might some out on start up but goes away after few minutes. Not always does this happen. I should have been more specific. I am in Corona.

If it is the 4.3 v6 that comes in the Astro vans there is a very common coolant leak on these motors. It is a problem with the intake manifold to cylinder head gaskets. They will leak out and down the motor and not in to the oil. I would check the rear of the motor for any evidence of coolant running down the head and bell housing.

I think book time is only 3 hours in a s10 or blazer but it is a much more involved job in a van .

I hope this helps,

KONNMAN

Thank you! I opened the dog house and sometimes see as if something was leaking? Not wet but dried. Maybe you are right? Are you a mechanic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94