sPod Install Questions w/ UJoint bracket

I did a little searching, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm going to install a universal sPod with the UJoint bracket... it seems pretty straightforward but I just had a couple questions for anyone that's done this before. Honestly, I hate to post a question about something that seems fairly elementary, but I figured if someone else can save me some time or help me get a better result then I'll risk the criticism.

1) Mounting the bracket: Easy to line it up and drill the holes, but there's not much room to get a wrench in there to hold a nut in place or tighten it. I don't see an easy way to do this. Did you use a U nut or something like this?
A21459-2T.jpg

2) The stock wires that comes with the sPod won't reach my battery terminals from that mounting location, did you wire up your own replacements (or maybe they sell longer ones?) or did you get power/ground from somewhere else?

Thanks!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The u nuts we send don't need a nut on the bottom, just a lock washer on top. There should be a power junction box right below the sPOD location. If you don't like that you can extend them.

The u nuts we send don't need a nut on the bottom, just a lock washer on top. There should be a power junction box right below the sPOD location. If you don't like that you can extend them.

Oh damn your post just saved me some hassle. I hadn't seen any hardware included when I first unpacked it. Doh. I went back to the box and found the hardware you'd included, I'd almost thrown them away with the packaging! Don't know how I didn't see them at first... exactly what I was going to look for at the hardware store so thanks for sending those! This turned out to be an incredibly straightforward project. Now I'm just deliberating between installing the switches on the door panel or under the steering wheel. Looks pretty easy I think, just tape the template on and mark it, dremel it out carefully.

Thanks again Chris!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles