2001 Bianchi Grizzly

Cackalak Han

Explorer
bigreen505 said:
Good call. I bought a Trek that matched that description and told myself I would get used to it. That was 2000 or 2001. I parked it a couple weeks ago. Never got used to it.

Is there any chance it was built up with a 63mm fork when it was designed for something bigger? That could account for what you felt. I don't know anyone who has gone 29er and regretted it. The absolute worst so far was a neutral.

Yeah, there could've been a chance that I just needed to get used to it or wasn't built up right, but didn't want to take that chance. I test rode another 29er, and I think I am pretty set on building one up (or buying one).

dieselcruiserhead said:
Sounds like a score regardless. If you come across some other 29er stuff on the SL craigslist, that is me trying to unload all sorts of other wears. Phil, if you are out there I still owe you a bid on some of that LX stuff, sorry about the delay. I have to run it by the owner for approval who is at the OR all weekend. Cheers, Andre

No, problem. Like I said, don't worry about it too much.

Thanks again, everyone.

RedDog

Explorer
HPIM6790.jpg

I could sit and look at my new Santa Cruz all day but there is something about this bicycle which seems to reflect beautiful industrial design. The proportions seem visually perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior