Renegade pickup by Jeepboar.com

haven

Expedition Leader
In 2015, Frank Pires bought a Jeep Renegade. A year later, the mini-ute was involved in an accident that damaged the right rear of the vehicle. Inspired by a Jeep show model that converted a Renegade into a convertible with pickup bed, Pires decided that he would turn his wrecked SUV into a pickup.

Pires and metal fabricator Alan Ensor are part of Boar Customs, a custom car shop in Daytona, FL. They already had experience converting a Jeep JK into a custom pickup.

They set to work on the Renegade. They retained the unibody frame floor, but removed the rear doors and tailgate. The stock 4x4 drivetrain was kept. A new bed was fabricated from steel tubing and sheet metal. Space for the spare tire was built below the bed. A 1.5 inch suspension lift was added. The tailgate is opened using a remote-control and an electric popper. A custom bumper was added.

renegade comanche front.jpg

renegade comanche rear.jpg

A year later, the Jeep Renegade Comanche was finished. Advertised on Craigslist for $38K, the Comanche was bid up to $32K on eBay. So no sale.

The truck conversion attracted attention from Jeep enthusiasts, and coverage in several magazines. So Boar Customs now has plans to build a limited run of Renegade Comanche pickups. Contact them at www.jeepboar.com

Mitch502

Explorer
I like it. I can't say it's the best looking thing I've ever seen, but I would drive it everyday for sure.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I like it more than the convertible concept, its a good starting point, but in the end its still a toaster with all wheel drive underneath

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Would have been worth the 32k if they had did a combo of the following -

RRM 2.4 turbo kit/1.5"lift with trimming to fit 31's OR
another foot of bed/ditch the bed compartment/humps so the bed is somewhat usable OR
2" of lift/31's/cai/cat back exhaust

They are smoking crack if they think it's worth 38k as is.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Didn't the EJS 2016 concept Renegade have a small diesel from the European version?

Surely for 38k it needs that engine!

-Dan

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Didn't the EJS 2016 concept Renegade have a small diesel from the European version?

Surely for 38k it needs that engine!

-Dan

I believe you are correct and I agree. Especially for those crazy people overlanding all over Africa;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior