Market for $80k complete truck and camper - mini earthroamer?

pilfra60

Maybe something interesting for this budget but not sold in North America
4wd camper on a F150.
http://psi-azalai.com/le-concept-cellule-grand-azalai/ford-150-simple-cabine-145/

To see more pictures click on the picture.
The price of the camper shell is around 75000$
Expensive but come with no options ,air compressor,sans plates,awning,solar energy include.
Lot of storage inside ,a shower and toilet,2 burners stove,fridge ,heater,pop top roof.

i have the same camper with a mercedes G and I'm travelling from Baltimore to Seattle.
many people ask me questions and say it's a very nice rig.
A survival shelter for them.

Doc Foster

Adventurer
Samuelashirley,

You mention the new Ranger as a mini "EarthRomer"

It already exsits!

Search Ford Ranger Oman

Starting price less than 58K USD. with the New Ford Ranger. Diesel 4x4

https://www.burow-reisemobile.de/pick-up/oman-ford-ranger/

Review by Alan Heath https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vViZMRHGFmw

In Action by Explorer Mag. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP7wwKkQZHw

If you could ship the new Ranger to Burow have them put there camper on it, you would have a US registered vehicle and still be under 80K. The devil is in the details of course.

Safe Travels,

These would definitely sell in the USA! Too bad they are not available.

Doc Foster

Adventurer
The $150k complete package is the market that we are in and going after. We build a very complete camper capable of sustained time off the grid using very high quality materials and finishes for $85k-$100k. We also build completely custom interiors, based on where the customer plans to go and what they want to do along the way.
I have looked at your website several times (and FB page), though a wet bath and toilet is mentioned, I have not seen any pictures of the wet bath. It looks like you make a very nice product.

parkkitchings

Adventurer
You name it and I think I've owned it at one time or another. Well, let me back up, I haven't had an earthroamer. Way out of my league and I always buy used whatever I buy but I currently have a Toyota Tacoma with a FWC and a 97 Chinook. Out of all the rigs I've owned I think I'd have to say the Chinook is the best all around. Sure, it doesn't have four wheel drive but I take it a lot of places off road. If you want a rock crawler look elsewhere. I just completed a 5 month roam about in it from Washington to Maine and back. Here's the kicker, you can find these things for less than 30K set up and ready to go. I bought mine used with 32,000 miles on it in mint condition. You may even be able to find the Baja Edition which does have four wheel drive. If your looking for something that is still small enough to get off the beaten path with and want the creature comforts as well, you might want to take a look at the Chinook.

TotTiff%20Yellowstone%20%2813%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

bahncamperworks

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
I have looked at your website several times (and FB page), though a wet bath and toilet is mentioned, I have not seen any pictures of the wet bath. It looks like you make a very nice product.
Doc-
We are building a spec camper now with a wet bath but so far all of our customers have designed layouts without them. Hopefully it will impress!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

WangosTango

If I may, I have a 2016 F350. CC, custom aluminum flatbed, custom ATC flatbed camper, queen bed, stove, sink, 27 gal water, furnace, dual propane, wave 6 heater, fridge, minor tweaks all under 80k. Often use the truck for hauling. Can pop camper off easily, have fed four adults and 3 dogs in it in a pinch. Very nice for a couple. I agree the market is there, but I think with a little honesty about needs, you can have what you want and not spend a ton. BTW, freaking love this thread. Cheers.

Mr.Ragnar

Winnebago

Winnebago has the new Revel for you. It looks like a winner except for no propane or underhood generator.

Ragnar

MTCK

Observer
There ya go, Winnebago already makes it. Little more than 80k but you are getting a sprinter chassis and in a few years you can get a used one for 80k.

ripperj

Explorer
$134,799 starting isn’t exactly a little more than 80k least in my tax bracket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rax

Seen them (Revel) for 107,000, still pricey but will drop when they hit the used market.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke