Timbren axleless suspension question

Al_In_AV

For those of you that have purchased and or used the Timbren axleless suspension. Which one did you purchase for your build? I noticed there are obviously the different weight ratings, but which combination of spindle length and if you purchased the one with a 4 inch lift or one without the lift. I noticed there is one with a dropped spindle too, which I would not think anyone would use for their trailer build. Thanks in advance.

txflyyaker

Observer
Depends on your build. I used the 4" lift 3500lb spring on my fiberglass service body trailer build. IMO this suspension is hard to beat. They are expensive and requires a little more fab work to install. I have nothing negative to say about them.

elnip

I used the 2000lb springs with the 4" lift 3500lb spindles (to run 6 lug) on my Microlite Cargolite and have nothing but good things to say. Trails beautifully.

elnip

I used the long spindles for the clearance. I would upload a few pics but I get upload fail when I try.......

Lucky j

Explorer
Do not want to hack a tred with my question, but......I will. How does it perform in wash board and rocky and pot-holes road?
'Thinking or replacing my flexride that came with our new Teardrop with something else.

Al_In_AV

I've heard and read nothing but good remarks about the Timbren setup. But I would also like to hear from those individuals with first hand experience. Also, thanks for all the replies.

elnip

Do not want to hack a tred with my question, but......I will. How does it perform in wash board and rocky and pot-holes road?
'Thinking or replacing my flexride that came with our new Teardrop with something else.

For me it was a night and day difference from the torsion to the Timbren conversion. A considerable amount of bounce became compliant travel even when I don't have the dirt bike inside.

txflyyaker

Observer
I used the 3500lb axles which was a little too firm for my application but adjusting tire air pressure helped alot, also I went with long spindles to run 255/80/17 Cooper ST Maxx tires. Great setup.

KingAirNeal

Adventurer
I used the 1 tonne (2200 pound rated) for my home built off road square drop. LOVE IT. Long spindles, no lift or drop, running jeep wrangler wheels and tires. Trailer weights just under 1500 pounds. Probably should have gone with the 3500 pound set up. The 2200 pound set up is the 3500 pound rubbers with a 19.5" long swing arm. It is doing great, but I, being the over engineering type, think there is too much static squat on them. Timbren advises me it is perfect. Runs fantastic through the washboard, bumps and potholes. Again, me being me, I take it easy over that stuff anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KingAirNeal

Adventurer
2e00006ecc23bf32a4b9cc5762d1591d.jpg

jadmt

ignore button user
I have found that if you call Timbren someone will actually answer the phone. I just bought a light weight trailer with tent top and gvwr is 1609lb and it had the 1200lb springs and I installed 2000lb springs and got 2" of lift and the suspension still feels good ie not too stiff. Timbren for some crazy reason said they would not recommend the long spindles for an offroad trailer which makes 0 sense to me. One thing that made even less sense is they said it would be okay to use spacers to gain clearance for bigger tires. my trailer has tiny 195/75-14 tires and in order to go bigger I need to move my wheel outboard a bit.

97tjguzzy

Explorer
2e00006ecc23bf32a4b9cc5762d1591d.jpg

kingair,

did you use ASR1THDS01 and use wheel spacers to clear the grease fitting on the trailer hub? I'm looking at using this one on my new teardrop build and want to make sure that it will work with my tire and wheel (factory JK wheel with 285 ko2).

honda250xtitan

I have found that if you call Timbren someone will actually answer the phone. I just bought a light weight trailer with tent top and gvwr is 1609lb and it had the 1200lb springs and I installed 2000lb springs and got 2" of lift and the suspension still feels good ie not too stiff. Timbren for some crazy reason said they would not recommend the long spindles for an offroad trailer which makes 0 sense to me. One thing that made even less sense is they said it would be okay to use spacers to gain clearance for bigger tires. my trailer has tiny 195/75-14 tires and in order to go bigger I need to move my wheel outboard a bit.

Nothing wrong with spacers on a light trailer :shrug:

I can't wait to switch to Timbren in the future. Leaf spring 3500lb setup is STIFF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior