2003 E-250 Traverse Largest A/T tire?

Cantraverse

Hi

I have 2003 Traverse (E-250) with stock suspension, I am looking at putting some after market wheels and A/T tires on it but after talking to a few shops and online research I am struggling to get consistent info. Does anyone know what is the largest 16" tire I could put on without rubbing? And what the maximum wheel offset is?

There really seems to be little choice on wheels.

Appreciate if anyone can provide some advice.

Thanks

UHAULER

Explorer
There is another member with a stock traverse who put on 245/75/16. You might be able to put on 265/75/16 with a little trimming. You should have lots of choices for 16" rims.

86scotty

Cynic
It should be no different than any other 2wd Ford van so I'd agree, 265/75-16's. I put them on my 2wd and did rub in the front. I had to trim the rear of the bumper and the rear of the wheel well a little.

Cantraverse

Thanks for the input, I will probably go with 245 and a aggressive A/T tread. As for wheels - in Canada anyway there really only seems to be two or three to choose from - I may have to look at US options but with exchange rate and shipping it can get pricey quick.

Gtdad

Adventurer
It should be no different than any other 2wd Ford van so I'd agree, 265/75-16's. I put them on my 2wd and did rub in the front. I had to trim the rear of the bumper and the rear of the wheel well a little.

Traverse has fibreglass fender /running boards..

Gtdad

Adventurer
Hi

I have 2003 Traverse (E-250) with stock suspension, I am looking at putting some after market wheels and A/T tires on it but after talking to a few shops and online research I am struggling to get consistent info. Does anyone know what is the largest 16" tire I could put on without rubbing? And what the maximum wheel offset is?

There really seems to be little choice on wheels.

Appreciate if anyone can provide some advice.

Thanks
Nice to see another traver around here. You are the third here I think.
Hi I have a traverse e250 as well. I have 245's on them with no problems. There is a point where I have less than a half inch clearance. Stock Offset is 0
Mine is also lifted and makes no difference on clearance.

Last edited:

Cantraverse

Thanks, i really love the Traverse coming from a VW background the extra space is much appreciate and the availability and cost of ford parts is a plus. I removed the fiber glass running boards so that may help a little with clearance. I will post some photos soon.

GNTY

Adventurer
I'm in Alberta, at my local tire shop I have endless wheels available, usually there within a day or two, in stock at a number of warehouses in canada. Not sure why you only have three choices.

kevman

Observer
If you're getting new wheels with your tires and don't need to get them mounted locally pmctire.com is a great resource. Lots of selection and very competitive prices.

kevman

Observer

Gtdad

Adventurer
023f72c98596b64083aa01a5b243bd4e.jpg

They all came with them. Partly because it hides the grey water tank valve and propane tank that hangs down.
Removing them is pointless as it just exposes them and no clearance is gained .
In Canada with road salt and crappy pea gravel in the winter they are a huge paint job saver.

kevman

Observer
Hi Kevman,

Thanks for the link excellent info. Do you mind if I ask which tire shop you got you wheels tires from in Calgary ?

Thanks

I ordered my wheels and tires online at pmctire.com

I want to say it went super smooth but the stick on weights they used to balance the tires ended up rubbing the calipers. Apart from that little (not so little) detail it's hard to beat the prices from PMC in Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz