Rover run: Three weeks, 4,000 miles with my 5-year-old

racehorse

Adventurer
I recently got back from a 4,000 mile Pacific Northwest trip with my 5-year-old. We lived in our LR3, which I set up as a mini-camper for us to sleep inside, work or play (in her case) inside.

Our trip began in south Orange County toward Oregon, then into Canada, east through Alberta and finally south into Montana, Idaho and back in California. We stayed at campsites along the way, visited national and state parks.

Our rig is a 2006 LR3 SE with 16 gallon freshwater pressurized tank, two cabinets in the hatch to house clothes and food, auxiliary battery, solar panel, sleeping platform, porta a pottie, fridge, etc. Check out our blog... gabbydaddyrover.wordpress.com

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Dude! I haven't had a chance to read through it all yet but what an amazing adventure! The memories created will last a lifetime.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
great write up and pics, that young lady is a trooper and will have a great life with all the memories you two are making

krick3tt

Adventurer
Read through the whole thing and I have to say that young lady is a great travel companion and you are very fortunate to have such a willing and pleasant partner for your travels.
Great write up and photos.
Thanks

NoBrakesRacing

Wonderful trip and daddy, daughter time.
Hope to do that with my 3 year old boy soon.

And I agree the forests in Banff and Jasper are magnificent.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Nice write up. I was born in 1955 and remember all of the trips we did in our 1955 Pontiac as well as the 1953 Buick and all of the old Suburbans. She will remember this trip her entire life.

racehorse

Adventurer
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts. I'm hopeful it isn't the last trip and still trying to find time to create a more thorough blog page regarding the rig and cost of the trip.
cheers,
mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online